HP psc 1210 cartridge error

Discussion in 'Printers' started by Richard Lane, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. Richard Lane

    Richard Lane Guest

    The #56 (black) cartridge which I refilled some weeks ago now shows an
    error "The black cartridge is incorrectly installed", after switching
    off and then removing power for some hours to reset it returned to
    normal operation then again failed. It prints "black" using the #57
    (color) cartridge in "reserve mode" if the #56 cartridge is removed.
     
    Richard Lane, Nov 9, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Richard Lane

    Al Bundy Guest

    Richard Lane wrote:
    > The #56 (black) cartridge which I refilled some weeks ago now shows an
    > error "The black cartridge is incorrectly installed", after switching
    > off and then removing power for some hours to reset it returned to
    > normal operation then again failed. It prints "black" using the #57
    > (color) cartridge in "reserve mode" if the #56 cartridge is removed.


    It well could be a bad cart. That's the generic message they use
    sometimes. If you've been refilling the cart, there is a method of
    taping off alternate sets of four countacts to reset the cart. Google
    for the procedure. It works very well. One trick I have used is to
    drill holes in the top of the print cart latch so I can refill the cart
    without even removing it from the printer. This saves lots of resetting
    and error messages.
     
    Al Bundy, Nov 9, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Richard Lane

    TJ Guest

    Richard Lane wrote:
    > The #56 (black) cartridge which I refilled some weeks ago now shows an
    > error "The black cartridge is incorrectly installed", after switching
    > off and then removing power for some hours to reset it returned to
    > normal operation then again failed. It prints "black" using the #57
    > (color) cartridge in "reserve mode" if the #56 cartridge is removed.


    I had a #56 cart on my PSC 2110 do something similar after many refills,
    though mine wouldn't reset after sitting for a while. Replacing the cart
    "cured" the problem. You might try cleaning the contacts, both on the
    cart and the printer. If that doesn't do it, I'd say it's probably a
    cart gone bad.

    TJ
     
    TJ, Nov 10, 2006
    #3
  4. Richard Lane

    Richard Lane Guest

    TJ wrote:
    > Richard Lane wrote:
    >> The #56 (black) cartridge which I refilled some weeks ago now shows an
    >> error "The black cartridge is incorrectly installed", after switching
    >> off and then removing power for some hours to reset it returned to
    >> normal operation then again failed. It prints "black" using the #57
    >> (color) cartridge in "reserve mode" if the #56 cartridge is removed.

    >
    > I had a #56 cart on my PSC 2110 do something similar after many refills,
    > though mine wouldn't reset after sitting for a while. Replacing the cart
    > "cured" the problem. You might try cleaning the contacts, both on the
    > cart and the printer. If that doesn't do it, I'd say it's probably a
    > cart gone bad.
    >
    > TJ

    I spoofed the 1210 memory by the contact taping method when I refilled
    the 56 and have cleaned the contacts both on the 56 and on the carriage
    so I will wait for the replacement cart'. Thanks for the responses.
    Dick
     
    Richard Lane, Nov 10, 2006
    #4
  5. Richard Lane

    Richard Lane Guest

    Richard Lane wrote:
    > TJ wrote:
    >> Richard Lane wrote:
    >>> The #56 (black) cartridge which I refilled some weeks ago now shows
    >>> an error "The black cartridge is incorrectly installed", after
    >>> switching off and then removing power for some hours to reset it
    >>> returned to normal operation then again failed. It prints "black"
    >>> using the #57 (color) cartridge in "reserve mode" if the #56
    >>> cartridge is removed.

    >>
    >> I had a #56 cart on my PSC 2110 do something similar after many
    >> refills, though mine wouldn't reset after sitting for a while.
    >> Replacing the cart "cured" the problem. You might try cleaning the
    >> contacts, both on the cart and the printer. If that doesn't do it, I'd
    >> say it's probably a cart gone bad.
    >>
    >> TJ

    > I spoofed the 1210 memory by the contact taping method when I refilled
    > the 56 and have cleaned the contacts both on the 56 and on the carriage
    > so I will wait for the replacement cart'. Thanks for the responses.
    > Dick

    Changing the cartridge fixed the problem.
    Thanks again, Dick
     
    Richard Lane, Nov 10, 2006
    #5
  6. Richard Lane

    TJ Guest

    Richard Lane wrote:
    > Richard Lane wrote:
    >> TJ wrote:
    >>> Richard Lane wrote:
    >>>> The #56 (black) cartridge which I refilled some weeks ago now shows
    >>>> an error "The black cartridge is incorrectly installed", after
    >>>> switching off and then removing power for some hours to reset it
    >>>> returned to normal operation then again failed. It prints "black"
    >>>> using the #57 (color) cartridge in "reserve mode" if the #56
    >>>> cartridge is removed.
    >>>
    >>> I had a #56 cart on my PSC 2110 do something similar after many
    >>> refills, though mine wouldn't reset after sitting for a while.
    >>> Replacing the cart "cured" the problem. You might try cleaning the
    >>> contacts, both on the cart and the printer. If that doesn't do it,
    >>> I'd say it's probably a cart gone bad.
    >>>
    >>> TJ

    >> I spoofed the 1210 memory by the contact taping method when I refilled
    >> the 56 and have cleaned the contacts both on the 56 and on the
    >> carriage so I will wait for the replacement cart'. Thanks for the
    >> responses.
    >> Dick

    > Changing the cartridge fixed the problem.
    > Thanks again, Dick


    HP 56 and 57 carts can be refilled many times, but they won't last
    forever. A little tip: If you're going to refill, try to do it before
    the carts run dry. It'll help make them last longer.

    TJ
     
    TJ, Nov 11, 2006
    #6
  7. Richard Lane

    Al Bundy Guest

    TJ wrote:


    > HP 56 and 57 carts can be refilled many times, but they won't last
    > forever. A little tip: If you're going to refill, try to do it before
    > the carts run dry. It'll help make them last longer.
    >
    > TJ


    I modify my printers so that I can refill them with a long needle right
    through the latching mechanism. A little Dremel saw, carbide tool, or a
    drill will allow this. Every so much printing, I top them off. Pulling
    the color(57) off and refilling always caused me a problem of color
    mixing even when I was careful of overfilling.
     
    Al Bundy, Nov 16, 2006
    #7
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Steve

    hp psc 1210 and cd labels

    Steve, Jul 13, 2003, in forum: Printers
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    598
    Steve
    Jul 13, 2003
  2. Madonna

    Can't share my HP PSC 1210

    Madonna, Aug 12, 2003, in forum: Printers
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    2,270
    Madonna
    Aug 14, 2003
  3. Kirk_

    My Review of HP PSC 1210

    Kirk_, Sep 17, 2003, in forum: Printers
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    281
    Pat Ronise
    Sep 17, 2003
  4. Keith Hampson

    HP PSC 1210 or HP PSC 2110

    Keith Hampson, Jan 25, 2004, in forum: Printers
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    407
    Bob Headrick
    Jan 27, 2004
  5. Vernon Sandusky
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    503
    Bill Haught
    Sep 4, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page