    tab of ie.

    I am running XP Pro with service pack 2...
    I appreciate any suggestions you may have...mike

    Guest, Sep 9, 2005

  2. "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I get this message "error occurred in script on this page" on some
    > sites.
    >
    > Eample:
    > Line 408
    > char 9
    > 'undefined' is undefined
    > code 0
    > url: file//c etc etc \.tmp
    >
    > I have turned off script debugging and script error display on the
    > advance tab of ie.
    >
    > I am running XP Pro with service pack 2...
    > I appreciate any suggestions you may have...mike

    1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
    Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

    Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
    Internet Options and click Delete Files.

    2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

    2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

    (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

    3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

    4. See also
    Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
    on This Page
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
    Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
    Installing Office 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

    5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
    extensions (uncheck & reboot).

    5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
    check for hijackware anyway):

    Dealing with Hijackware
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE, Sep 9, 2005

    Thanks for your suggestions...I'll try them when I revisit my client this
    week. I have already done #2 deleting files. Also, afterposting this message
    I have been told that the problem only appears when using Yahoo and a new
    version was installed on this PC.

    Mike G

    Guest, Sep 12, 2005

    to Frank:
    Thanks so much for your help...downloading the Windows Script 5.6 fixed the
    problem. I tried several other recommendations from other tech exchanges etc
    but none worked.

    Guest, Sep 28, 2005
  5. "Mike G" <> wrote in message
    > to Frank:
    > Thanks so much for your help...downloading the Windows Script 5.6
    > fixed the problem. I tried several other recommendations from other
    > tech exchanges etc but none worked.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE