error msg w/ bootup

traumajohn

hi,
first my internet connection was lost and the network
adapter says ip address is unavailable and i can't reset
the address. then when i boot up now i get the following
error msg. unhandled exception c0000005 @ address
1000116b8. could these be connected issues? thanks john

Lathish Chaparala

Hi,

Please check the KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=811270 which
will give you more information about the error message you are receiving.

check the cause of the KB Article:

SYMPTOMS
When you start Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you may receive the
following error message:

Unhandled Exception c0000005 at address: 100016b8
PromulGate Universal has encountered a problem and needs to close.

If this error message matches your complete error message, then please
follow the instructions specified in the KB Article.

(e-mail address removed)