Error Message 451

H

hm2

When attempting to send an email message I sometimes get this error message: "The message could not be sent." The message still goes to the Outbox and is eventually sent. I am using Windows Mail, Version 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205. The error message lists the following: protocol-SMTP; response-451 4.3.2 Please Try Again; port-25, Secure (SSL): No Server; and Error 451. I contacted my server and they were of no help. hm2

G

Gary VanderMolen

Unfortunately you paraphrased the error message, and critical pieces
of diagnostic information are missing. Right-click on the error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

When attempting to send an email message I sometimes get this error message: "The message could not be sent." The message still
goes to the Outbox and is eventually sent. I am using Windows Mail, Version 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205. The error
message lists the following: protocol-SMTP; response-451 4.3.2 Please Try Again; port-25, Secure (SSL): No Server; and Error
451. I contacted my server and they were of no help. hm2

H

hm2

Problem solved. As I understand it, the authentication setting for my email account had to be corrected.
When attempting to send an email message I sometimes get this error message: "The message could not be sent." The message still goes to the Outbox and is eventually sent. I am using Windows Mail, Version 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205. The error message lists the following: protocol-SMTP; response-451 4.3.2 Please Try Again; port-25, Secure (SSL): No Server; and Error 451. I contacted my server and they were of no help. hm2

Ask a Question