Windows XP Error c000021a and 0x00000080

Reaction score
Also Process1_initialization_Failed
Turned on my PC this morning to find Blue screen and error c000021a / 0xc0000135. Am presently getting 21a and 80.
I am running XP Home Edition. AVG Free Edition Windows Defender.

I have not installed any new hard or software other than the Microsoft updates and AVG updates. I do not have Roxio GoBack which is mentioned on the Microsoft website. It worked perfectly last night but not this a.m.

Tried to get into SAFE mode and couldn't. Tried other startup options but nothing helped. Couldn't get passed the Logon Screen except to see the Blue SOD.

Have tried the Recovery Disk and went through the 1st Repair process but only got as far as copying back a couple of files when it stopped at authorz.dll. I took the option to stop as it intimated that XP might not work if I skipped and continued with the repair. No help of course.

I then tried the 2nd Repair Option on my Recovery Disk (Windows setup for Reinstallation..) where I have now learned it gives you a further option for repairing. Tried this but got only as far as 9% when the same file could not be copied authorz.dll. I skipped and continued to the end but it has not helped.

Can you knowledgeable guys help me sort this out without me having to do a complete reinstall??

I cannot even go back to a Restore point as I cannot get that far.
All I wanted was a pleasant Easter Monday fiddling on the Internet as it is presently snowing outside...:-(( Oh heck.

Many thanks ahead of things for any help you can give guys.

AOF
progress.gif

Ask a Question