Error 5737

When i logon to my Windows 2000 SP4 work/s, Logging onto windows domain. I am
getting a number of "events" that appear in the "event viewer" that seem to
be causing me trouble on installing a any network printer, browsing the
internet via the network.

The errors that are in "System Log":

Event ID: 7024
Source:
The net Logon service terminated with service-specific error 5737.

Event Id: 5737
Source: NETLOGON
The system returned the following unexpected error code: The procedure call
table is invalid.

Along with other Event ID's:
20, 54, 3034

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Two things have been known ot cause this issue:

1. Antivirus or other third party programs - reboot into Safe Mode with Networking and see if
you get the same error or problem. (you may need to uninstall whatever third party program is
causing the error if it loads kernel level drivers which may load in Safe Mode) but that would
be my first try.

2. Some program that is/was installed altered the Winsock or Winsock32 registry keys. What
you will need to do is to delete those keys (don't reboot in the interim and be sure to delete the
keys before importing good ones - trying to overwrite the old ones will not work) and import
known good ones from another Windows 2000 box.

Gary

'--'From: "=?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4=?=" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Error 5737
'--'Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 07:17:01 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
[...]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.