Error 1311 : source file not found

vic

Installing "Canon Utilities Photostitch 3.1" on a Win2k
pro SP4.
Error message: "Error 1311: Source file not found:
D:\software\Pstitch\english\Data1.cab. Verify that the
file exists and that you can access it".

Please send your response to (e-mail address removed)

Thanks.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

I understand that the system displays error 1311 when you try to install
Canon utilities software.

Please try these steps and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Logon as a user with administrative rights
2. Create a folder in hard drive.
3. Copy the contents of the CD to the new folder you created.
4. Run the setup program from the hard drive.
5. Logoff and login again as restricted user.

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Rashmi

| From: "vic" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "vic" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Error 1311 : source file not found
| Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:40:51 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications
|
| Installing "Canon Utilities Photostitch 3.1" on a Win2k
| pro SP4.
| Error message: "Error 1311: Source file not found:
| D:\software\Pstitch\english\Data1.cab. Verify that the
| file exists and that you can access it".
|
| Please send your response to (e-mail address removed)
|
| Thanks.

vic

Thanks Rashmi for your response.
It was one of the first things I tried, but the the setup
won't run at all from a folder on the disk drive. Only
runs from the CD.

Thanks.
- Vic