Error 1106: Multiple active components collision...

Yabbie

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me please. I'm trying to use
XPe to create an OS for a Single Board Computer. They supplied the
SLD file and I have created an OS. The problem is that they only use
Command shell and I want to use Explorer shell. When I simply add
Explorer shell and check the dependencies, I get the following:

Error 1106: Multiple active components collision between: "Explorer
shell [Version 5.1.2600.1106, R1507]" and: "Command shell [Version
5.1.2600.1106, R1507]"

I would have though that they could co-exist. If I remove the command
shell, when I check the dependencies again, it just gets put back and
the collision occurs. I'm guessing that something is depending on the
command shell, but there doesn't seem to be a way to find out what. I
know the Explorer shell is windows based, but I would have expected
all the things it depends on to simply be added.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heidi Linda eMVP

There's probably a custom component which requires the
command shell - if you turn off auto-resolve dependencies,
then you'll be able to see which one this is.
There may, however, be a reason that the command shell is
required (though I can't think what it could be....) If
you want the windows interface you can launch explorer
from the command line.

Yabbie

Using their SLD file gave me a platform to use and a design template.
I chose to use both, so that is where the dependancy could be (because
of the design template).

How can I launch explorer from the command line when I can't include
the explorer shell and the command shell ?

Heidi Linda eMVP said:
[...]

.

Slobodan Brcin

How can I launch explorer from the command line when I can't include
the explorer shell and the command shell ?

Simple if you have resolved dependencies for each separately.
You can use third shell if you want. Shell is what is started by default.
But all functionality it there.

You must chose only one shell.

Best regards,
Slobodan

"Heidi Linda eMVP" <[email protected]> wrote in message
[...]

Because explorer isn't the explorer shell. The explorer
shell makes the explorer application be your shell, rather
than the command shell, or litestep or whatever you've
chosen.