ulli

Hello

since now i used XpEmbedded Sp2 and everything
worked fine.
I made an update to Feature Pack 2007 and now
i've got the Problem that "Text Services Framework"
is adding the Explorer Shell when running the
depency check. I'm using an User defined Shell so there is a
collision between my Shell and the Explorer Shell.

I found this article as workaround:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931938/en-us

But that doesn't help me a lot because i need
my user defined Shell, i can't remove it.
So does somebody know another solution?

Thanks, Ulli

K

KM

Ulli,

Unfortunately, not much can be done there until Microsoft issues a fix for that component. It should probably depend on a "shell"
type rather than on the Explorer Shell particularly, although full functioning text service you only can get with the Explorer
Shell.

Anyway, only workarounds I can think of in addition to the ones proposed in the KB:
- You resolve all project dependencies and then turn off the Auto-resolve dependency option in TD and disable or remove the
Explorer Shell component. (simplest way)

- You can create your own version of the "Text Services Framework" component. Not an easy task but doable. You will have to
replicate all the files, registry entries and dependencies of the original MS component in your version except the dependency on
Explorer Shell.
In the latter approach I'd export the original MS component of the FP2007 package (SLD for all updated components in a part of
the FP installer), unrelease it, tweak it to remove the unwanted dependency and then import in to the database with a new (higher)
rev number. It would save you lots of efforts.

U

ulli

Hello KM,
- You can create your own version of the "Text Services Framework" component. Not an easy task but doable. You will have to
replicate all the files, registry entries and dependencies of the original MS component in your version except the dependency on
Explorer Shell.

tanks a lot for your suggestion, i would not have thought about this
posibility, so i will try.

Regards Ulli

Ask a Question