error 0x8004210e, mailbox temporarily unavailable because another.

G

I can't receive emails on my newly installed Outlook 2003 and I get a
message: Receiving reported error 0x8004210e your mailbox is temporarily
unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it or another
mail application is accessing it. The server responded ERR box is locked.

I couldn't find any info in the help section of Outlook and I called Comcast
and they said they can help with Outlook Express but not regular Outlook as
Outlook prohibits them from doing that.

Anyone know what setting I need to change if I do need to change something
or is it a Comcast problem as I would assume they are the server.

N

neo [mvp outlook]

It is a comcast issue. They need to clear this in order for you to pop mail
off.

Reaction score
0X8004210E: Need a bit more info

I too, get this error when the following conditions exist: (a) Running Outlook 2003 with Send/Receive set to occur every 10 min. As long as Outlook is the only eMail program running, everything works as expected. (b) I bring up Xpress Mail Personal Edition so my eMail is mirrored out to my PDA/Phone via my Cell phone provider (Cingular). When XMPE connects, it grabs the Comcast POP3 mailbox and won't let it go (which makes sense as it is listening for new incoming eMail). The Subject error msg occurs when the 10-minute clock on Outlook trips and a Send/Receive is initiated. Outlook issues the error msg because it can't connect to the Comcast POP3 server. Comcast (who distribute XMPE) say it is a Comcast problem - that Comcast needs to throw a switch to allow concurrent sessions/connections with the POP3 server. Comcast says they've never heard of such a thing - how could two eMail programs be in the same place at the same time? So . . . Now what? In advance - my thanks.

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. All of a sudden I am not getting emails through from my provider. I have no geegaws or gimmicks just plain old MS Outlook. I would appreciate if anyone can email me some solution. I can only pick it up through my ISP webmail. (e-mail address removed)
thanks

Reaction score
Additional Observations - Possible Circumvention

. . . found also - that my Outlook [2003 (11.8010.6568) SP2] sometimes fails to send for originally stated reason (as well as others). Usually, just shutting down Outlook and bringing it back up fixes things. Occasionally the Outlook System Tray ICON remains well after shutting outlook down. When that happens, I Ctrl-Alt-Del, find the Outlook process, blow it away, then restart Outlook. If that doesn't work, I typically reboot because most of the time, the system will have run for a week or two non-stop. I also will rebot the PDA. Things pretty much return to normal operation. // I'm beginning to suspect the *problem(s)* are indeed internal to the eMail programs I'm running locally. // I just don't have (or want to take) the time to finger it all out. // Hope this helps.

Reaction score
It seems that your outlook database has corrupted emails. It happens due to virus infection, large size PST files or inaccessible email items. Most of the time user receive this error when network or mail server has some problems or you are trying to connect with same email id that is used by other user at the same time. It may also happen at the time when you are connected on network with some other device with same email id.
If this is the situation then simply log out and then log-in again in order to connect with network. If problem is due to large size PST files then you need to delete that files to fix 0x8004210e error. However, if it fails to solve your problem then run Inbox repair tool to solve the issue.

Ask a Question