Emulators

Reaction score
Hi AB,
That link on gaming ont BBC was a good read. I would like to know what did ya think of turning the TV on its side to relive the feeling of an old game???I'd have to say if you thought it was a good idea then you are just as much a bodger as me n Flops....we get jobs done quickly, not technically and time consuming. Have you ever heard the saying "making a meal of it"....which brings me right back...i still think it was you and the bacon sarnie.....LOL
Zzzzz

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi AB,
That link on gaming ont BBC was a good read. I would like to know what did ya think of turning the TV on its side to relive the feeling of an old game???I'd have to say if you thought it was a good idea then you are just as much a bodger as me n Flops....we get jobs done quickly, not technically and time consuming. Have you ever heard the saying "making a meal of it"....which brings me right back...i still think it was you and the bacon sarnie.....LOL
Zzzzz

Putting the wrong amount of oil in your forks can be leathal is all I will say.

Most definitely was not me with the bacon sarnie :p but I know who it was
nod.gif
will he own up or do you think he wants to forget about it
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Putting the wrong amount of oil in your forks can be leathal is all I will say.

Most definitely was not me with the bacon sarnie :p but I know who it was
nod.gif
will he own up or do you think he wants to forget about it
laughingsmiley.gif

Did you forget to answer the TV on its side question?? LOL
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
attachment.php

3 buttons :confused: I'm using one similar to this, multi switch on the left, 4 buttons on the right and a trigger each side. Works but still at the guess work stage.

:D

I got missing bits of knowledge when it comes to ordinary stuff most folk know about concerning pc's.

laughingsmiley.gif

The most common gamepads have two rows of three buttons on the right hand side, such as the Logi Cordless and the X-Box 360 corded for PC.

Lesser gamepads only have 4 buttons on the right :p

However, three of those four will be the primary buttons and are usually numbered 0-4. However, the Sega Game ROMS may identify them as XYZ or other letters or numbers.

All I'm saying is that some of the Sega Games - Mickey Mania being one - you can change the use of those three buttons to different functions whilst in some games - such as Road Rash II - they are fixed and finding out what each button is, as you say, trial and error.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I seem to have egg on my face here :blush:

The X-Box gamepad only has 4 buttons on the right Link

And I should know that really cos I own one.

But I'm not using it atm, I'm using the two Logi cordless controllers I have (rumblepads Mk 1 & Mk 2) each of which have six primary buttons.

I may go back to the corded X-Box gamepad on main machine though cos that's the only gamepad that works with Grand Theft Auto IV.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ta flops.

Z the TV on its side is cool you get more height on screen. It don't make me a bodger though as it realy is the only solution without using a different screen. Now you mention it my monitor spins 90 degrees so I might just give it a go.

nod.gif

Ask a Question