What a week folks.

Reaction score
In case nobody noticed i haven’t spent too much time on PCreview lately.Basically i have been mad busy looking after the house probs and keeping my health in order, plus i have found a new hobby.Anyhoo, about 12 weeks ago I had a lumbar puncture done and was waiting for the results. I eventually got fed up and decided to ring the hoppy and find out what the story was. Ah, Mr. Murphy we have been trying to contact you. A lie. As we all know these day’s phones keep a track of that sort of stuff. Back to the story, we need you to come in for a biopsy fairly soon and you will be needing an MRI. I was stopped dead in me tracks, I have to say. I said what were the results from the Lumbar Puncture and was told all the results were not back yet and that i would have to wait a bit more. I said okay, when can i come in. Long- short. I had the biopsy (testing for skin cancer) yesterday. They took 2 pieces of flesh from my back and stitched me up and I have to return next Friday to get them removed. MRI is in December. This has nothing to do with the lumbar puncture. That was a different issue- Idiopathic neuropathy. Anyway i went the docs last week and was told my results for the lumbar puncture were back :confused: The tests were null due to my blood contaminating the spinal fluid and that I’d have to get it done again. That’s never gonna happen. It was excruciating.

The hoppy didn’t tell me this on the phone and now I’m wondering why. I’m thinking negligence.I thought on the day they were making a mess of things, plus the doctor was coughing and sneezing all over me.

Anyway that’s all behind me. Today i had a new car alarm fitted on me trusty Alfa. I also got a new car stereo and speakers fitted. Then i went to Clontarf castle for a lovely meal with me gf for her birfday....i have just got home and am enjoying a cup of lavazza coffee whilst typing this up.

I think the house martins have migrated too. Now I’m gonna transfer the pics that i took this evening from my camera to my laptop. Might even post them ont forum after i Photoshop them.

Then i can chill and catch up on the weeks PCreview posts. Sorry if i confused everyone LOL

Zzzzz

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention i was at the dentists today and had a cleaning done. He said my teef were in great nick. Dont know how really but woo hooo. Something is going okay LOL. He charged me 90 euro for a cleaning and a check up. I will have to check with HSE cos that seems a bit steep even in Ireland. I'll do it now, while i think of it.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
Keeping me fingers, toes,legs and ermthats all I can cross ..foryou mate..Hope all goes well....:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What's a hoppy? :confused:

Ah, those medical things.

I've been through a stressful time this week as well.

From birth to 2002 - fine.

2002 til now - eek!

Numbness in left side; left leg almost collapsing; disorientation; bright lights - seems I've been silly not taking heart medication.

All symptoms point to migraine without the headache.

But since taking medication again for a week i not so bad now.

A good friend has suspected skin cancer, my friend's sister definitely has kidney cancer, doncha just love getting old :)

Good luck zed.

Reaction score
Thanks folks....its as if the neuropathy wasn't enough to be dealing with LOL
Flopps if you were getting migraine's you would definitely know. Lack of BP meds will have you dizzy and disorientated if it gets really high. I have high blood pressure too. They dont know the cause either.
I'd be a bit concerned about the numbness and leg collapsing....sounds like a Hokey cokey(stroke).
They happen due to high BP.

Neuropathy affects me with numbness in the(skull LOL) toes and feet and is now spreading up my thighs. This numbness is accompanied by hypersensitivity(fu***d up i know) at the same time. Its now happening in my fingertips also. My finesse is gone from my touch and everything my hands touch feels like sand or gravel.
Basically the nerve endings are acting up. Sometimes i have to tell my hands or feet to move a couple of times before they do. Also sometimes the electric message from feet to brain gets dumped into my feet and toes resulting in...you guessed it, pain....serious pain it is too. I used to think it was just shoes not fitting correctly or socks being too tight causing my feet to feel like they were being crushed or cramped.
Anyway the drugs i'm prescribed leave me feeling suicidal sometimes and cause "Brainfog" and seizures.I always had seizures anyway but these are mild lads in comparison LOL
Ageing....who wants it at all tut tut
laughingsmiley.gif

Zzzzz

Last edited:
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Keeping me fingers, toes,legs and ermthats all I can cross ..foryou mate..Hope all goes well....:thumb:

Thanks MadX...i'm sure i'll be fine....hopefully.

Zzzzz

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
- seems I've been silly not taking heart medication.

Yes, bl**dy silly to be honest...I'm sure there would be a great deal of people that would miss you if the worst had to happen, and that includes us mad bunch..:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Numbness in left side; left leg almost collapsing;
that were the symptoms of my stay in hospital, and you know what they found wrong with me ... :rolleyes:

Bloody quacks

keep well folks, get a good witchdoctor. :thumb:

:wave:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through all of that Zed, and particularly the mess-up with the lumbar puncture. :nod: But as your teeth are in such good nick, maybe you should go back and bite 'em on the ankle! Seriously though, I wish you well and I hope that the side effects being caused by your meds, will lessen as you get more used to them. It's not fair when the stuff which is supposed to help you feel better, causes some other problem. Rooting for you too Cap'n :D

Floppybootstomp said:
Numbness in left side; left leg almost collapsing; disorientation; bright lights - seems I've been silly not taking heart medication.

All symptoms point to migraine without the headache.

But since taking medication again for a week i not so bad now.

Mr. Flopps, I'm sorry to hear about your recent experiences too. I am not keen on the "bright lights" thing either, although when they happen, I don't usually get the follow-up headache either... bonus! Hope your meds will help to get you back on form.

Good luck to the both of you :wave:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Zed , me and all are rooting for you m8...i like you loads :)
Flops a hoppy is a Hospital :lol:

I love this forum , i have seen so many highs and lows and yet here we are rooting for each other ...Ady`s father , Mucks wife , Flops cancer , itsme etc hey cmon lets celebrates a little ..

PC Review :thumb:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Looks like ive got plenty to look forward to when i get old(er). :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
Looks like ive got plenty to look forward to when i get old(er). :p

Ooh aye, it's a riot :D

When you're young you think you're invincible, I certainly did.

You're not.

All them old folk keep banging on about being sensible and you constantly ignore them, so has it always been.

The few who may listen will be on to a winner :thumb:

You CAN drink, take drugs, stay out all night but the secret is knowing what you're doing and doing it in moderation.

The absolute worst thing of all that will mess you up is smoking.

Hey Zed, sorry if I hijacked your thread a little, it just kinda flowed outta me cos to be honest I is a bit scared.

I don't suppose there's much I can do about it though so I guess I'll just carry on carrying on :)

Reaction score
Just to let ya's all know, i went back to the dentist's and got me 90 euro's back. I checked on the HSE website and found out that if you pay taxes etc., that cleaning and check ups are free twice yearly.

The cheek, i thought, as i was taking the money back. They made no offer either, i had to chase it down myself. The word thieves came to mind. I gave them my details and they knew i had PRSI(PAYE) and they still billed for the 90 squid.
Anyway i'm up 90 squid.
Also, me new car speakers are playing up.The 2 right side speakers are sounding terrible so it's back to the shop tomorrow.
Just as well i'm on hols this week, and there was me thinking i was gonna take it easy LOL

Zzzzz

Last edited:

Ask a Question