DVZAddin.dll error

A

ay_jay

Hi,

When I launch word I get the error Microsoft Visual Basic.
File not found DVZAddin.dll. OS is XP Pro. Can close
dialogue box and it seems to work OK. Have re-installed
office XP and tried system restore but it makes no
difference. How can I stop this from happening? Please
help. Thanks

S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

If you're not seeing Normal.dot it's probably because (a) you've never
customized Word and so Normal.dot has not been created, (b) you've deleted
or renamed it in an attempt to solve Word problems, or (c) (most likely) you
don't have Windows Explorer's Folder Options set to display hidden files
(Normal.dot is one).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://www.mvps.org/word
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

A

ay_jay

Thanks guys. I think ive fixed it now. I re-installed
documents to go and removed it again and its fine now?
Checked what you said as well Graham but nothing required
changing. I still think its odd though. Many thanks again
to you all for your time.

Reaction score
happywave.gif
The error is caused by DataViz Documents to Go. The fix is rather lengthy, but it work for me. Here you go :) : Straight from DataViz's mouth :). When you run OfficeAddInInstaller.exe it looks like nothing is happening. I infact run it 3 times before I tried opening a document :(
Problem:

When opening Word or Excel, I receive the error message "File Not Found: DVZAddIn.dll".

Solution:

This error appears because the DVZAddin.DLL (part of the Documents To Go Office Add-Ins) is not installed correctly, is unregistered, or is damaged.

First, please make sure that you have the latest update for Documents To Go 6, which is version 6.008. If you are a registered user of Documents To Go 6, you can download the installer for 6.008 from the download site:

DataViz Download Site

Second, make sure that the file "DVZAddIn.dll" is installed on your computer:

1. Go to the Start menu and select Search (or Find).

2. In the Search window, select the option to search All Files and Folders.

3. Search for "DVZAddIn.dll" (without the quotes).

If it is installed, write down the file path where it exists. For example: "C:\Program Files\Documents To Go" (this may be a different path on your computer). If the file is not found, you will need to reinstall Documents To Go. When reinstalling, please make sure none of the Microsoft Office applications are running.

Next, run the Office Addin Installer for Documents To Go:

1. Close all applications (or even better, reboot your computer).

2. Browse to C:\Program Files\Documents To Go.

3. Double-click OfficeAddInInstaller.exe.

Try opening Microsoft Word or Excel to see if you receive the error. If you still receive the "File Not Found" message, register the .DLL file with your Windows system:

1. Go to the Start menu and select Run.

2. In the Run window, type the file path you found in the Search Results in the steps above.

3. Place quotation marks at the very beginning and end of the file path.

4. After the last quotation mark, hit the space bar, then type "/REGSERVER" (without the quotes). It should now look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Documents To Go" /REGSERVER

5. Click OK.

Open Microsoft Word or Excel. You should no longer receive the error message.

If you still receive the warning and wish to simply remove the Documents To Go Office Add-Ins, the following pages contain instructions on how to do so:

There is more information, if all else fails.
How do I remove the Documents To Go menus from within Microsoft Office?

How do I manually uninstall the Documents To Go Office Add-Ins?

Enjoy and hope it works for you.

Reaction score
The reason it's so hard to get rid of the pesky DVZAddin.dll is that it's actually named DVZWDAddin.dll in many cases. Just do a search for the file (note the "WD" in the middle), and you can delete it. Voila...next time you open Word, all is as it should be.

You can find out what it's called by opening Word (Word 2007), then click on the Office logo in the upper left, at the bottom of the new window, click on "Word Options" at the bottom of the frame, then select "Add-ins" from the list on the left. The list that appears should have a file with a name with DVZ in it, such as DVZWDAddin.dll. Click once on that name and read the location that is provided at the bottom part of that window. Write it down! Now exit Word, and use Windows Explorer to find the filename you want, and delete it. Next time you open Word, the notice should be gone.

Other versions of Word may be slightly different, but you should be able to figure it out.

Squimmer777

Ask a Question