dvd decorder

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
are you after burning software or ripping ? if its the later it better be legal or this thread will be closed

Reaction score
Me, i think hes probably just after a decoder to play DVD's as you dont get one as standard with windows :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
DVD Shrink's been around several years now, and as far as I'm aware, it's legal.

There have been no attempts to close the site down, anyway, AFAIK

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh, a playback proggie, you think?

Well, WMP comes with Windows, and if you have Nero, their MP will do the job, I understood a decoder was required, bit vague though, innit?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
DVDshrink is legal as far as i know but still a touchy subject, as you said flopps the Q is a bit vague and i'm still not clear on what they're after :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well you can play DVD's in WMP, but only after you have installed a third party decoder. You can install Power DVD then watch movies on WMP but you have to have installed the decoder first.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Well you can play DVD's in WMP, but only after you have installed a third party decoder. You can install Power DVD then watch movies on WMP but you have to have installed the decoder first.

True, that. Try doom9.org for codecs and stuff

Reaction score
is there any program that can make all the video and audio ts files into say a single .avi file or something? This would be real handy for our media centre...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i know of a way to rip then convert the .vob files into .mpeg but it takes a while to encode, did it once to see if it worked and took about 3 hours

Reaction score
Well what we want to do is rip our DVD's much like our CD's and be able to watch them by clicking on just one AVI or MPEG file... or similar...

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it works like a charm just takes a while you can set it to batch encode the files so running them overnight may be a good idea, one of my friends had trouble with the latest software versions so if you want i'll upload the versions i have for you to download from a host

heres the guide i followed i just didin't split the file and burn to CD's

http://www.dvdripguides.com/dvdrip2a.php

Ask a Question