My Drives Wont Read Anything!

Reaction score
Both My "D" and "E" Drives Wont Read Anything....I try to put in a CD and when i try to bring it up it says "D:/ is not accessible Incorrect Function".............And when i Put in a DVD it brings up Media Center and says "Decoder Error The Video Decorder is either Malfunctioned or is not installed Please Restart Media Center"

I NEED HELP PLEASE!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Try deleting and installing the software again and update the drivers if they need doing so ?

Reaction score
Rush said:
Try deleting and installing the software again and update the drivers if they need doing so ?

I never knew that this software was needed for your Drives to work...

Reaction score
Software isnt really needed for dvd/cd drives however if the correct IDE or Chipset drivers are not installed for your motherboard you may come across some conflictions upon bootup

I usually find it best not to put a CD/DVD drive on he same IDE port as a booting hard drive as with older boards the DMA (dynamic memory addressing) starts to cause problems.

Try it and see what happens ;)

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Software isnt really needed for dvd/cd drives however if the correct IDE or Chipset drivers are not installed for your motherboard you may come across some conflictions upon bootup

I usually find it best not to put a CD/DVD drive on he same IDE port as a booting hard drive as with older boards the DMA (dynamic memory addressing) starts to cause problems.

Try it and see what happens ;)
Its weird because ive had it for a year without any problems and just a few days ago it started not working....Funny thing is when i put a DVD in the Drive i can still use my software to burn it and such.....i just cant play it.....as far as CDs go on the other hand...i cant do anything with them once there in. hmm

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
The drive may have just worn out, as this can often happen with cheap drives.
My DVD-RW used to read/write both CDs and DVDs, but it's had a LOT of hammering over the last year and now wont even recognise CDs - I swapped it out for a new one and now works fine. Point being, they can just wear out.

Try a new one, you can get a good quality dual-layer DVD writer for around £25, so not expensive.

Ask a Question