Disable Search Companion

it is irritating;i find the search companion a pesky companion-any suggestions to turn off this and get the classic or plain search.i tried changing the theme but alas...Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP]

To change the appearance of Search Companion:

1. Click Start, point to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.
2. Click Change preferences.
3. Click Change files and folders search behavior.
4. Click Standard to be able to search for a variety of things, such as files, folders, and people,
from one location.
-or-
Click Advanced to quickly display the options to search for files and folders.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!