Dg814

Reaction score
Me again...

Decided i wanted to open up the configuration page for a Netgear DG814 ADSL 4 port modem router and it wont open when i type in the right IP address.

I went to command promt and pinged 192.168.0.2 which is the standard internal address and all i get is "Request timed out"

I went to my parents machine which is also on the network and it pinged ok but still can't open up the configuration page (just get the page cannot be displayed page)

Anyone have any possible reasons why it does this??

My internet works just fine!!

Reaction score
attached pic of what i get

Attachments

• ping.JPG
    ping.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 111
Reaction score
if you can't ping it, it's either not connected or knackered or you have you wrong ip addy. if the internet's running through the router ok then obviously your machine can find it ok and therefore can ping, you'll be trying to access it using the wrong ip addy!.

James

Reaction score
Yeah it was the wrong IP techy but programs that tell me my own IP address all said 192.168.0.2 so i assumed that was the correct one.

192.168.0.1 works just great!

Reaction score
would that be to do with static and dynamic ip's assignment? I have dynamic.

i just used the netgear animated auto connect wizard - benefit of quality brand.

Reaction score
not exactly sure how dynamic and static ips works with routers, but if it's set to dynamic then it will most likely change.

i would personally set it to static.

James

Last edited:
Reaction score
ah, but it depends whether the router or the internet machine (server) is giving out the ip's, your router could be static but the rest use DHCP and dish out ip's.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There should be no reason to change anything after initial set-up ... just let the thing do its job. :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
i just used the netgear animated auto connect wizard - benefit of quality brand.
Now leave everything else alone ... :D

There is NO need to mess with any IP addresses.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Your IP address that I see is;

EDITED by Mucks

I "stared out" the important bits ... So, just leave you Router do its job. :D

Last edited:

Ask a Question