Router problem

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Have a SWEEX 4-port router and experienced temporary losses of Internet connection recently, then completely yesterday pm. LAN is working as all four machines see each other.
Went into Router Configuration and there was a problem in ADSL Status - screen flashes on and off with loud click. Tried to restart and Line Status went through 'DOWN', 'ACTIVATION', 'TRAINING' ,,CHANNEL ANALYSIS' and then stays on 'SHOWTIME'. Have tried rebooting and resetting the router with no success.
Reverted to SAGEM ADSL modem which works fine, so I'm assuming the router has had it. Will email SWEEX but they take days to reply so would be grateful if for any advice - failing this is NETGEAR stuff ok?
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If you want a new router you cant get better than a Speedtouch IMO. :)

B Grade stuff here, i got the 585v6 for £25 (£60 new), its way better than my Netgear DG834 and its tweakable with DMT. My netgear used to drop every 24 hours or so. The 585 has been up for over two weeks solid. :thumb:

But netgear arent bad by any means.

http://www.dsldepot.co.uk/product_details.asp?idProduct=851

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks V_R
Don't think I shall bother with this SWEEX - will look into your info.
Cheers
peahouse05:thumb:

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Techy
Have tried everything. Replaced router with old modem and this works perfectly.
Bought a Netgear Wireless Access Point for use with a laptop last week so have ordered a Netgear 834 to replace the SWEEX.
Cheers
peahouse05:thumb:

Reaction score
good luck with the 834. this used t have the buggiest firmware i've ever seen. it was a couple of years ago so hopefully they've ironed out the problems. Defo update to the latest firmware. and test to the max before your seven days runs out.

Ask a Question