Crysis 2 - Being released on 25 March 2011

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Gran Turismo 5 actually. :p

Done with that tbh, no way im doing the endurance races and im level 38 on B spec. :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
FML

I go to try again, seems i already have an account, i think it uses gamespy (gay) i may have registered before, cant remember....

Go to site to reset password - Site down for maintenance, back in about 4-6 hours...

Crytek, you are not filling me with confidence with this....!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, So i got my gamespy login sorted... Then i saw this.... lmao!

Theres an ingame option for aim assist! On a PC game FFS!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Um, dat's lame, lol

Currently d/l demo within Steam, 800kbs average, 10 minutes so far, six minutes to go, apparently.

Gran Turismo 5 eh?

Well, I was almost close :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, yep, just contacted Steam regarding a refund for my pre order of Crysis 2...... :(

The final straw was using my gamespy id (InFlicT666) in the game only to be told the user name cant have numbers at the start... Like mine doesn't. WTF?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its gets better....

Crysis 2 only DX9 - DX11 will be "later"

At a presentation to Nvidia's new graphics card in the GeForce 500-series revealed that Crysis 2 initially will not include support for DirectX 11, instead get PC gamers to make do with the six year old DirectX 9

In practice this means that all graphics hungry gamers with later generations of graphics cards can not take advantage of graphics-enhancing features such as tessellation.
According to Nvidia promises the developers to include a DX11 mode in a future update, when exactly is still unclear.
http://translate.google.fr/translat.../13594-crysis-2-endast-dx9-dx11-kommer-senare

You try telling me this aint gonna be a console port.... :/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's what happened to me:

Started the demo from Steam, watched lengthy promo/tutorial.

It could have been summarised thus:

E = Stealth
Q = Armour
The suit energy level depletes with use
Watch out for power-ups & bonuses.

Went to try demo, as far as I can recall I've never had a gamespy account so I thought I'd create a new account.

15 minutes later the 'Creating Account' window is still up, I couldn't exit so started Task manager and shut crysis demo down. This gave me a BSOD.

Try again, this time my router froze up, red led instead of a a green one. Disconnect DC plug and power up/reset router again.

Tried again, managed to skip the tutorial and attempted to create an account again but it tells me my e-mail address is already in use so I request password retrieval as I have no record anywhere of an account with either Gamespy or Mycrisis.com

'Server busy'

Not really impressed so far.

And I didn't realise it was a multiplayer demo otherwise I wouldn't have bothered, I'm only really interested in the single player game at this stage.

I'll wait awhile and see what everybody thinks of it before purchasing.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep i had much the same issues Flops.... Not good is it...

Bring on BF3. :cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good news! I got past the login screen! Had to create another new Gamespy account with an old email. They will now let me play. :rolleyes:

Bad news, i was then greeted with this....

attachment.php

Attachments

• ****you.png
    ****you.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 261

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just played both maps.

Really wish i hadn't bothered with all that above... What a waste of time! lol!

Crytek have sold out to the console crowd. :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok so i cracked....

I re ordered Crysis 2 and am preloading it as i type... :lol:

Reaction score
Well, it's ok, but so far I'm not feeling the 'wow!' factor I remember from Crysis 1. The first evidence of it being a console port came at startup, during the brightness adjustment:

ADJUST THE BRIGHTNESS UNTIL THE PICTURE IS BARELY VISIBLE
IF THE PICTURE IS NOT VISIBLE AT ALL, PLEASE ADJUST YOUR TV SETTINGS

I really had my hopes up, even knowing it might be a port. And now after playing it a while, I'm pretty convinced it is a port, the graphics just don't seem that impressive, not horrible, but nothing like the trailers, and it didn't seem much better than what we had four years ago. I think I might reinstall Crysis 1 for a comparison. So far the maps have been small, no freedom to just wander around aimlessly for hours exploring stuff - more evidence of a console port, since consoles probably can't handle huge maps. And another thing I don't like - no way to do a quick save.....because consoles don't have F keys :) Oh well. To be fair though, it's still fun. It's just missing something.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Taking notes here....

Still undecided.

btw, Play.com are offering it, in stock now, for 27 quid, which means it's 3 quid cheaper than Steam and you get a hard copy.

Reaction score
I'm finding that after getting past my initial disappointment over what it's not (a modern, DX11 native PC game, and a sequel that would top Crysis 1), I'm enjoying it for what it is, 4 year old gaming technology maybe, but we had fun with games back then, it just wasn't dumbed down to console standards. There's a lot of nice explosions, gapping holes in buildings with smoke billowing out after explosions. I entered a big room in a skyscraper just as all the windows blew out from an explosion outside, and then the wind came blowing in, whistling and moving stuff around inside. That was well done. It has little details, machines you can activate for no useful reason - copy machines, computer monitors, telephones, ATM's that spit out money etc, every time I walk past a copier I'm compelled to activate it, even when there's action happening in the vicinity that should have all my focus, I just have to turn on the copier :)

Reaction score
March 25th....? How come I see it everywhere in Stores? Or is this a UK Release of 3/25?

Ask a Question