CRT Monitor with VERY flat-screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Bruce Chambers, Mar 23, 2008.

  1. MapleE. wrote:
    > Hi:
    > I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor. The CRT Monitor I've
    > been using has a bit 'curved' screen, although the ad. saying that it's
    > 'flat-screen.'
    >
    > Wonder which CRT Monitor has a very flat-screen?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    Sony Trinitron, if they're still being made.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:

    killed a great many philosophers.
    ~ Denis Diderot

    Bruce Chambers, Mar 23, 2008

  2. Bruce Chambers

    PD43 Guest

    "MapleE." <someone|@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor.

    Live with what you have, save your money, and wait until you can
    afford an LVD monitor.

    PD43, Mar 23, 2008

  3. Bruce Chambers

    PD43 Guest

    PD43 <> wrote:

    >Live with what you have, save your money, and wait until you can
    >afford an LVD monitor.

    Make that "LCD" monitor <blush>

    PD43, Mar 23, 2008
  4. On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:59:17 -0500, "MapleE." <someone|@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    > I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor. The CRT Monitor I've
    > been using has a bit 'curved' screen, although the ad. saying that it's
    > 'flat-screen.'
    >
    > Wonder which CRT Monitor has a very flat-screen?

    Your question is really off-topic for a Windows newsgroup, but in
    general, when it comes to CRTs, "flat-screen" only means "close to
    flat." I've never seen a CRT with a perfectly flat screen.

    If you want a really flat screen, get an LCD monitor.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    MapleE., Mar 23, 2008
  6. Bruce Chambers

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 23, 4:59 pm, "MapleE." <> wrote:
    > Hi:
    > I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor.  The CRT Monitor I've
    > been using has a bit 'curved' screen, although the ad. saying that it's
    > 'flat-screen.'
    >
    > Wonder which CRT Monitor has a very flat-screen?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    CRT monitors are rare nowadays. I remember that there was a mode;
    named "Flatron."

    BTW LCD monitor may be cheaper that new CRT monitors now. I can get
    LCDs for under $200.

    smlunatick, Mar 23, 2008
  7. Bruce Chambers

    PD43 Guest

    "MapleE." <someone|@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Thanks all for the responses.
    >
    >I need to explain the reason why I want to CRT Monitor is that
    >a quality of Photo-Image is MUCH better than those, newer LCD
    >Monitor.
    >
    >If there is a good monitor for viewing photoes, I would like to
    >purchase if it's under $300.
    >
    >Any idea on this would be grateful.

    Have you EVEN tried doing the SLIGHTEST online search for a CRT
    monitor????

    I don't think so. There are plenty to choose from given your price
    range.

    You are obviously a freaking moron.

    PD43, Mar 23, 2008
  8. Bruce Chambers

    MikeB Guest

    On Mar 23, 5:11 pm, PD43 <> wrote:
    > "MapleE." <> wrote:
    > >Thanks all for the responses.

    > >I need to explain the reason why I want to CRT Monitor is that
    > >a quality of Photo-Image is MUCH better than those, newer LCD
    > >Monitor.

    > >If there is a good monitor for viewing photoes, I would like to
    > >purchase if it's under $300.

    > >Any idea on this would be grateful.

    > Have you EVEN tried doing the SLIGHTEST online search for a CRT
    > monitor????
    >
    > I don't think so. There are plenty to choose from given your price
    > range.
    >
    > You are obviously a freaking moron.

    You know, you're the biggest a-hole to post here that I've seen in
    ages.

    MikeB, Mar 23, 2008
  9. Bruce Chambers

    MapleE. Guest

    MapleE., Mar 23, 2008
  10. Bruce Chambers

    PD43 Guest

    MikeB <> wrote:

    >> You are obviously a freaking moron.

    >You know, you're the biggest a-hole to post here that I've seen in
    >ages.

    I'm glad to see that my efforts have not gone unrecognized.

    PD43, Mar 23, 2008
  11. Try Compaq. From my experience they are 95% flat and render a perfect
    display. Don't get an LCD. Their image quality is below the perfection
    of a CRT, are blurred as **** (an easy headache inducer) especially
    when it concerns movement, so you can forget games/flash movies or
    anything involving visual precision as you'll probably blow a hole
    thru the monitor in 2 minutes after your eyes have finished being
    violated. The image can also have negative color regions if you don't
    look at it from the perfect angle, so you can forget watching movies
    with friends, or even alone as the corners look most like shit even at
    the right angle.

    LCDs. Suck. Balls. Don't get one. Wait for that new technology being
    developed that's gonna utilize luminous plastic. It'll be as
    lightweight and protable as an LCD with the visual perfection of a
    CRT. In the meantime, stick with the CRT and don't waste your cash on
    some bullshit, faulty technology like LCD.

    Industrial One, Mar 24, 2008
  12. Bruce Chambers

    HeyBub Guest

    MapleE. wrote:
    > Hi:
    > I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor. The CRT Monitor I've
    > been using has a bit 'curved' screen, although the ad. saying that
    > it's 'flat-screen.'
    >
    > Wonder which CRT Monitor has a very flat-screen?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    I doubt that any monitor is truely "flat."

    First, there's the issue of integrity. The innards of the tube are under a
    significant vacuum. To have an almost flat face, I would think the glass
    would have to terrifically thick to handle the pressure. Secondly, the
    electron guns target will distort more and more as they reach out to a flat
    surface.

    HeyBub, Mar 24, 2008
  13. Bruce Chambers

    MapleE. Guest

    Thanks for clear and detailed explanation on this, CRT.

    Currently, there are two different 'CRT' monitors in my household, one of
    which is more flat than the other, but its color getting fade. Then, I
    decided
    to search for its replacement.

    The reason why I love 'CRT' is because I've been doing Photo-Web-posting
    and need a good-quality photo-image monitor, for that CRT with flat-screened
    monitor accomodates my need.

    Prior to posting here, I searched several web-sites along with several
    local PC stores, however there is few to none CRT monitors available,
    not to mention any reputable CRT monitors.

    Most of CRT monitors indicationg 'flat-screen,' but it's actually a bit
    'curved' flat screen, unlike the one I've been using, but going bad soon.

    Then, it's tough to find a CRT-monitor with flat-screen. On the otherhand,
    I truly understand it, as reading your detailed response to my query.

    Thanks,

    MapleE., Mar 24, 2008
  14. Bruce Chambers

    Unknown Guest

    On what basis do you say a CRT gives a better picture than a LCD monitor? An
    LCD has better specs by far than any CRT.

    Unknown, Mar 24, 2008
  15. Bruce Chambers

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 23, 6:05 pm, "MapleE." <> wrote:
    > Thanks all for the responses.
    >
    > I need to explain the reason why I want to CRT Monitor is that
    > a quality of Photo-Image is MUCH better than those, newer LCD
    > Monitor.
    >
    > If there is a good monitor for viewing photoes, I would like to
    > purchase if it's under $300.
    >
    > Any idea on this would be grateful.
    >
    > "MapleE." <> wrote in message

    > > Hi:
    > > I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor.  The CRT Monitor I've
    > > been using has a bit 'curved' screen, although the ad. saying that it's
    > > 'flat-screen.'

    > > Wonder which CRT Monitor has a very flat-screen?

    > > Thanks for any help.- Hide quoted text -

    Lacie makes high end LCD monitors that are also shipped with their
    calibration system:

    http://www.lacie.com/us/products/product.htm?pid=10066

    smlunatick, Mar 24, 2008
  16. Bruce Chambers

    Bill Sharpe Guest

    MapleE. wrote:
    > Thanks for clear and detailed explanation on this, CRT.
    >
    > Currently, there are two different 'CRT' monitors in my household, one of
    > which is more flat than the other, but its color getting fade. Then, I
    > decided
    > to search for its replacement.
    >
    > The reason why I love 'CRT' is because I've been doing Photo-Web-posting
    > and need a good-quality photo-image monitor, for that CRT with
    > flat-screened monitor accomodates my need.
    >
    > Prior to posting here, I searched several web-sites along with several
    > local PC stores, however there is few to none CRT monitors available,
    > not to mention any reputable CRT monitors.
    >
    > Most of CRT monitors indicationg 'flat-screen,' but it's actually a bit
    > 'curved' flat screen, unlike the one I've been using, but going bad soon.
    >
    > Then, it's tough to find a CRT-monitor with flat-screen. On the otherhand,
    > I truly understand it, as reading your detailed response to my query.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > "HeyBub" <> wrote in message
    >> MapleE. wrote:
    >>> Hi:
    >>> I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor. The CRT Monitor I've
    >>> been using has a bit 'curved' screen, although the ad. saying that
    >>> it's 'flat-screen.'
    >>>
    >>> Wonder which CRT Monitor has a very flat-screen?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help.

    >> I doubt that any monitor is truely "flat."
    >>
    >> First, there's the issue of integrity. The innards of the tube are
    >> under a significant vacuum. To have an almost flat face, I would think
    >> the glass would have to terrifically thick to handle the pressure.
    >> Secondly, the electron guns target will distort more and more as they
    >> reach out to a flat surface.

    I don't think you're going to get your answer here. You need to see an
    actual monitor yourself to determine how flat it is and how good its
    color results are. You already have received a couple of suggestions on
    brands to investigate.

    Newer LCD monitors, even at under $300, have pretty good color
    adjustments available, but it's up to you to decide what you really want.

    Bill

    Bill Sharpe, Mar 24, 2008
  17. > Thanks all for the responses.

    > I need to explain the reason why I want to CRT Monitor is that
    > a quality of Photo-Image is MUCH better than those, newer LCD
    > Monitor.

    Get a *good* LCD monitor then.

    Hint: This excludes anything made by the likes of Acer.

    Homer J. Simpson, Mar 24, 2008
  18. Bruce Chambers

    PD43 Guest

    "Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:

    >Get a *good* LCD monitor then.
    >
    >Hint: This excludes anything made by the likes of Acer.

    How can you be sure that "Acer" monitors aren't the same as one or
    more other manufacturers?

    There appear to be MORE "brands" of electronic components than there
    might be manufacturers.

    Go to the digital camera department of your local Best Buy or other
    superstore.

    Note how many cameras of different "brands" appear to be identical
    with only a few cosmetic differences.

    PD43, Mar 24, 2008
  19. Bruce Chambers

    Guest

    On Mar 23, 9:00 pm, Industrial One <> wrote:

    > LCDs. Suck. Balls. Don't get one. Wait for that new technology being
    > developed that's gonna utilize luminous plastic. It'll be as
    > lightweight and protable as an LCD with the visual perfection of a
    > CRT. In the meantime, stick with the CRT and don't waste your cash on
    > some bullshit, faulty technology like LCD.

    I agree totally. I have LCD screens for both my computers, and they
    are not easy to read when anything is moving, but the big problem is
    that anyone else looking at the screen while I'm sitting in front of
    it has to view the image at an angle -- and any angle off a LCD seems
    to result in extreme color distortion.

    I kept two CRTs, and every now and then I wish I had them on my deisk
    instead of this LCD thing.

    , Mar 24, 2008
  20. Bruce Chambers

    M.I.5¾ Guest

    "Ken Blake, MVP" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:59:17 -0500, "MapleE." <someone|@comcast.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am looking for a VERY flat-screen CRT Monitor. The CRT Monitor I've
    >> been using has a bit 'curved' screen, although the ad. saying that it's
    >> 'flat-screen.'
    >>
    >> Wonder which CRT Monitor has a very flat-screen?

    > Your question is really off-topic for a Windows newsgroup, but in
    > general, when it comes to CRTs, "flat-screen" only means "close to
    > flat." I've never seen a CRT with a perfectly flat screen.

    They used to be very abundant. Though in practice although the face was
    flat, the screen side of the faceplate was slightly concave (to the viewer)
    to eliminate an optical illusion that made the screen itself look concave.

    > If you want a really flat screen, get an LCD monitor.

    Can you actually buy CRT monitors these days?

    M.I.5¾, Mar 25, 2008