create log in using username/password...

Reaction score
Hi

I am Tony and new to the forum....but need some help - I wrote a program - pretty big using excel and has a lot of macros, and now trying find better ways of securing it, knowing however some with the experience can hack so i understand. but .....
I currently have an expiration code that works fine, but it appears either the workaround or my code lets someone, once expired, to continue to use by the following.....

once you expire, if you click on cancel it will ask you to save and if you click on cancel again it comes back and tells you that you have like a -3 for example left....

what i would like is for once a client opens the workbook, they get an expiration date, then once it expires a pop up username/password log in to continue, if wrong or if they attempt to open or use again it kills it.....

and for the life of me i can not figure that out....any help?????

Tony

Reaction score
Trickard, do you mean you want your code to close the workbook if password is expired or entered incorrectly? If that is the case, why not use ThisWorkbook.Close?

Ask a Question