Crash and burn

Reaction score
Phew.

Glads thats over and down with. Thought it must of been an issue with the card... :rolleyes:

Well when you've saved up the moolah, come talk to us about what you might want to buy.

:D

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Phew.

Glads thats over and down with. Thought it must of been an issue with the card... :rolleyes:

Well when you've saved up the moolah, come talk to us about what you might want to buy.

What threw Pika and I, was the fact that a month ago, the gpu was performing fine in his machine, so Pika didn't think the card was the issue, it must be a cooling problem.

I'd like to see what sort of temps my 9700pro is running at, because, it's working hard to keep up at the moment!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BigJay said:
I'd like to see what sort of temps my 9700pro is running at, because, it's working hard to keep up at the moment!
ATITool will tell you, will also let you oc the card if you want. It also works on Nvidia cards despite the name. :)

I use it now and again on my 7900GTO to test for artifacts on my GC's oc. ;)

Last edited:

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
V_R said:
ATITool will tell you, will also let you oc the card if you want. It also works on Nvidia cards despite the name. :)

I use it now and again on my 7900GTO to test for artifacts on my GC's oc. ;)

Thanks V_R...I'll give it a look.

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
I guess I may be a bit daft, but I can't seem to find the card temps running that utility, but, in the scheme of things, it doesn't matter.
The card is performing as it always did...and so no system crashes since.

I'm not getting great graphic card performance, but ce la vie.

Will upgrade mobo, pcu, gpu and case in a couple of months in any case.

Last edited:

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Good to hear its running relatively smoothly BJ :thumb:

Annoying when things pack up aint it? :rolleyes:

It's the frustration that gets me.

You never realy know exactly just what the problem is, you can guess, but if wrong, you can waste time and money, and tring to find the problem, you wastre time and money.:mad:

I spent about 35 quid, just to end up putting my old card in.
Not a vast amount of money, but still 35 quid to tell me something is knackered, and is only fit for the bin.

If I'd known that the card was shot from the start, then I have 35 quid to put towards a new one!
wallbash.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BigJay said:
I guess I may be a bit daft, but I can't seem to find the card temps running that utility, but, in the scheme of things, it doesn't matter.
The card is performing as it always did...and so no system crashes since.
Is it not in the tray when its running? It is for me. Did you dl the latest version? There should be a graph like in the screenshot below....

screen1.gif

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
No.
Where you have the temp log, I just have the ATITool logo.
I have version 0.26

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh ok, 0.26 is the latest version, i guess your GFX card dont have temperature reading ability on it.....

You may not be able to find out the temps via software if thats the case....

Sorry mate. maybe try speedfan, but i doubt it tbh. :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If I'd known that the card was shot from the start, then I have 35 quid to put towards a new one!
Sorry, but that's PCs for you ... if you had bought a new one, at least you could have returned it under warranty. ;)

We all 'cut' the corners trying to save a few bob.

If your graphics card has no thermal monitoring chip, then it will not matter what Temp monitor program you install, they won't tell you nuffin.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Well thats a bit of a bugger isn't it :(

Thats the problem with computers though I guess.

Every problem sounds the bloody same! :D

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
The, newly fitted, old Graphic card temps aren't an issue, it would just have been interesting to see running temps compaired to my, now removed, newer card:confused:.

My old card, which is now my 'new' card, if you know what I mean:confused::confused:, only needs to last a month or so, before it's retirment, and I had been running that card for 18 months without a problem.

How's that for good 'ole plain Enlish:D

Ask a Question