    please?!
    --
    Thanks! - Carolyn

    Carolyn, Nov 27, 2008

  2. What are you copying and pasting? If you do this for long period of time,
    you clipboard can become full and needs to be cleaned out

    --
    Michael Koerner
    MS MVP - PowerPoint

    "Carolyn" <> wrote in message
    I have Powerpoint 2007. After copying and pasting for a while, this
    functionality stops working and sometimes it crashes. Can anybody help
    please?!
    --
    Thanks! - Carolyn

    Michael Koerner, Nov 27, 2008
  3. Carolyn

    Carolyn Guest

    Thanks for your reply Mike.

    The problem occured mainly when I did Search and Replace, even with just a
    few items on the clipboard. I was working on some Powerpoint documents that a
    client had sent me in "Compatibility Mode", so I don't know if that was the
    cause of the problem. The programme crashed a lot, even when I was just
    clicking between 2 Powerpoint documents.
    I ran diagnostics, and it came up with no problems. Don't know, maybe there
    was just a bug in the files that the client sent me.
    --
    Thanks! - Carolyn

    Carolyn, Nov 28, 2008
  4. Carolyn

    Echo S Guest

    This will sound weird, but I'd make sure you have a known good printer
    driver installed and set as default printer. See

    How to install a TEST printer driver
    http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00952.htm

    It could also be a conflict with an add-in. What do you see under Office
    Button | PPT Options | Add-ins?

    Echo S, Nov 28, 2008
  5. Carolyn

    Carolyn Guest

    Thanks Echo for your reply.
    Under Add-ins I see:

    Active appl Addins:
    Google Desktop IOffice Addin
    OMnipage 16 com addin

    Inactive Appl Addins:
    Custom XML data
    Invisible onslide content
    Offslide Content
    Presentation Notes.

    Could it be something to do with the Invisible onslide content and Offslide
    Content?

    However...... I have now just installed a test printer and so far, I haven't
    had any Powerpoint problems, so maybe it was cos of my previous printer
    driver.............

    However, there doesn't seem to be any more up to date drivers for my
    printer. I am using Windows Vista and quite an old printer, hp office jet
    v45. The HP site says: "A full feature software and driver package for
    Windows Vista is not available for your product. However, the Windows Vista
    operating system installed on your computer contains a basic driver solution
    for your product."

    Does this mean that getting a new printer would be the solution? Obviously,
    I'd rather not.....

    any suggestions, ideas welcome.

    --
    Thanks! - Carolyn

    Carolyn, Nov 29, 2008
  6. Carolyn

    Echo S Guest

    Invisible and Offslide content actually come with PPT -- they're part of the
    document inspector. They shouldn't cause any problems.

    Thanks for checking the add-ins, but it sounds like you've isolated the
    printer driver as the issue. I believe you should be able to use another
    printer driver with your printer, even if it's not made specifically for the
    printer, but I'll have to let one of the more printer-savvy people here
    explain how to do it.

    Otherwise, yeah, the ultimate solution is a new printer.

    Echo S, Nov 30, 2008