connecting my Nokia 6610i mobile phone to my computer

Reaction score
I am wanting to connect my Nokia 6610i mobile phone to my computer to transfer and print some photos.

I have looked on the Nokia website and have seen I need a CA-42 Data Cable which I have got and connected to phone & computer USB I have also downloaded from Nokia the PC Suite program and connectivity driver.

When all connected and I go to the PC Suite software the instructions tell me to plug it in then it holds there and nothing else happens - I think the computer is not recognising the phone.

Can anyone help me please?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
have you checked the manual to see if there are any settings you need to change on the phone ?

if you go into my computer do you see an icon saying 'nokia phone browser' ? double click that and see if your phone is shown, you should then be able to browse your phone

Reaction score
Pc suite is a b*stard :)

Did you install the connectivity driver and the suite itself whilst the data cable was plugged in? I don't think its a problem with the suite, it may just be the connectivity driver.

Try it on another computer if you can; if you're running windows vista then the causes a whole host of problems with pc suite. Try it on XP if thats the case and if possible.

Its a bit hit and miss this nokia pc suite
wallbash.gif

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
really!? what phone you got michael ? i'm using an N80 with a bluetooth dongle and it works perfectly

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
really!? what phone you got michael ? i'm using an N80 with a bluetooth dongle and it works perfectly

Me__2001: Its a Nokia 6234 model. We did get the cable from a friend who got it very cheaply from ebay or something. I think its to do with the OS actually, because the connectivity drivers work on XP and eventually degrade and corrupt on Vista.

Aardvaak: It might be worth investing in a bluetooth adapter for your computer if your mobile has bluetooth. Its alot more reliable in my opinion :thumb: :D

Reaction score
Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter is a powerful 3GP converter which can convert almost all popular video formats to 3GP/3G2/MP4 video clips and play them in mobile phone or other software 3GP player.No other program can convert so many video formats.

[mucks edit: link removed]

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
jackson191 said:
Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter is a powerful 3GP converter which can convert almost all popular video formats to 3GP/3G2/MP4 video clips and play them in mobile phone or other software 3GP player. No other program can convert so many video formats.
Bold statement ... are you a one post spamming wonder ... 'cos the way you answered the call, it looks like that to me.

:rolleyes:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Bold statement ... are you a one post spamming wonder ... 'cos the way you answered the call, it looks like that to me.

:rolleyes:

thats what i thought, i hit the report button but i don't think it worked, ahh well good to see you got the bugger :thumb:

Ask a Question