Computer Restarts when blank dvd/cd is placed into D:/ Drive PIONEERDVDR-111D

Z

zaz_fan

I had a problem last year where everytime I inserted a blank disc into my D:/ Drive (Pioneer DVD-R 111D) it restarted. When the computer restarted it gave this error message:

Error Signature

BCCode : 35 BCP1 : 82FA1360 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

As you would expect this began to really annoy me so at Christmas time, after trying various things I decided to reformat my harddrive and reinstall everything. The problem disappeared.

However, last week probably due to a virus/trojan I had a different problem with my computer which caused another reformat/reinstall. The original problem I has now come back :(

I have read somewhere that there may be a problem with Service Pack 2 which may be the cause of this. Unfortunately, I cannot remember if I had updated to SP2 between Christmas and the last re-install when it was working fine.

I have tried removing the D:/ drive and re-installing but this did not work. I also have the most updated driver. I doubt it is the drive or connection to the drive as it worked fine between Christmas and the last reinstall.

The BSOD also does not mention a drive when I checked this. The message this brings up is:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC000005, 0X806ee753, OXF597CD68, 0X00000000).

If it's not SP2 could it be my computer has problems with Virtual Drives as the last thing I installed was Alcohol 120%. But I did uninstall this and the problem still persists. I only mention this as I did have a problem with Daemon Tools before.

It just seems a bit strange that the Drive works ok with discs with imformation ones, even those with data i put on them, and not blank ones. Don't think the media is a problem as I have tried varios different blank dvds/cds :(

My computer is a AMD Athlon XP 2800+. 2.08GHz, 384MB of RAM.

System is Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002 (Service Pack 2).

The DVD Drive with the restart issue is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111D.

NVIDIA nForce2 Memory Controllers.

Hope someone can help

Thanks in advance

Dom

--------------= Posted using GrabIt =----------------
------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =-

Ask a Question