Computer Monitor

Reaction score
Could i have some help please
I need to buy a new computer monitor as the one i have now is starting to go all blurry on the screen sometimes.

I use it for work so it has to be on for about 10 hours per day and although i don't know much about these things it looks like it has to be a DVI connection from my computer as that is what i have now.I also think i'll probably want 22"
I had abit of a look and saw this

Samsung P2250 22
http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/540927/SAMSUNG-P2250-LS22LR

Is that any good please or is there something better.

Reaction score
Hi,

Nice monitor, shame about the price though. See what others have to suggest, but for that price you could probably get a decent 27" lol.

Personally I'm a multi-monitor fan. I would just buy two or three 17" for that price :p hehe

Reaction score
Looks good to me :) I am a fan of Samsung Monitors I recently brought one of these and its been great.

The monitor you linked to has a good Contrast range and fast response time. Go for the Samsung one you will be happy with it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just checking Dave, when you say the screen goes blurry - could you explain it a little more, as it might not be the monitor at fault. Is it an LCD or CRT you have at the moment?

The reason I bring this up is my Mum was just about to buy a new monitor as she thought it was broken, but it turned out to be the graphics card.

Reaction score
The monitor i have at the moment is a ViewSonic on the back it says VX912

When i say blurry it sort of gets afew flickery lines on screen then gets worse and alot of the screen blurs into blackish sort of text colour completely blended together,if i tap the screen it might go away for alittle bit but usually i have to switch the monitor off for about 10 seconds and then it is usually ok for abit,off the top of my head i think it usually doesn't happen at the start of the day but after it's been on for a while.

Reaction score
Out of interest what would be the difference in cost per month of having a monitor on 10 hours per day at 40 watts compared to 10 hours a day at 60 watts?

Reaction score
DaveP2 said:
Out of interest what would be the difference in cost per month of having a monitor on 10 hours per day at 40 watts compared to 10 hours a day at 60 watts?

I think that smallit would't even be worth calculating.. Are you actually going to be sat at the PC for 10 hours or is it just going to be running for 10 hours...?

Reaction score
Running for 10 hours per day not sat infront of it.

What do you think about

Samsung P2250 22"

Samsung T240 24"

I'm thinking it over,not sure i want to pay £230 but then again that might be the better value even though the other is cheaper,i'm not sure at the moment.

Reaction score
DaveP2 said:
Running for 10 hours per day not sat infront of it.

What do you think about

Samsung P2250 22"

Samsung T240 24"

I'm thinking it over,not sure i want to pay £230 but then again that might be the better value even though the other is cheaper,i'm not sure at the moment.

I quite like both..If it was me I would go for the bigger of the two...

Have a look at this link for the 22"

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-117-SA

Samsung T240 24"

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-086-SA&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat=

There is also a 24" on the same site for £218...

You might even find them cheaper on Amozon.com or Play.com

Reaction score
Nobody in particular said:
Going back to Ian's suggestion. Have you tried a different Monitor ? - just to rule out the Graphics Card :)

The other monitor i have doesn't have the right sort of connection to use with my computer,when the screen messes up and i tap the screen afew times the problem will go away for abit so i think the problem is definitely with the monitor.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, if tapping the monitor fixes it then it should be the monitor at fault.

This 23" Samsung looks like a good deal:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158382

DaveP2 said:

It depends on how much you pay for your electricity, but if it's 10p per kWh then it's going to be:

40W * 10 * 30 = 12kWh = £1.20 / month
60W * 10 * 30 = 18kWh = £1.80 / month

So 60p difference per month (at an estimated rate of 10p/kWh).

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Yep, if tapping the monitor fixes it then it should be the monitor at fault.

This 23" Samsung looks like a good deal:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158382

It depends on how much you pay for your electricity, but if it's 10p per kWh then it's going to be:

40W * 10 * 30 = 12kWh = £1.20 / month
60W * 10 * 30 = 18kWh = £1.80 / month

So 60p difference per month (at an estimated rate of 10p/kWh).

Thanks for that info.

Reaction score
I've got my new monitor and i'm pleased with it(i think 24" would've been abit big for my desk)

Just one thing i need help with,the emails i get in my inbox for windows mail are really small text,same for my favourites bar and also programs i open up on my desktop,could someone tell me how to make these texts biggger and stay that way.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Change the screen resolution or the font size or use the zoom tool. First two if I remember correctly can be accessed in Windows by right clicking anywhere on your desktop and you should get a window or drop menue to male a choice from.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thanks,i'd already done the zooming and correct resolution.

The solution was to adjust font size(DPI) and that sorted everything out. :)

Ask a Question