    Melissa Guest

    Does anyone know why my computer keeps restarting when I
    shut down?

    Melissa, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Melissa

    hutch Guest

    you might 'deselect - automatic restart' if on
    go start/right click - my computer/properties/
    go advanced - tab/
    go startup and recovery - section/settings/
    go system failure - section/
    deselect - automatically restart/if already on/
    go ok/
    go apply/
    and take it fr there

    hth God Bless hutch

    hutch, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Melissa

    Ramesh Guest

    If the unit restarts while issuing the shutdown command, here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;320299

    If the unit powers ON after being shutdown/powered off , then it is a WakeON
    lan or Pwer management events in BIOS. disable that.

    _______________________________________
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    eMail:
    Aim: SRamesh2k
    INDIA

    Ramesh, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Melissa

    McBlazer Guest

    I had the same trouble when I first put together my PC
    and got it up and running about two months ago. I had to
    change the Bios setting in Power Management by disabling
    Power on with PM event. Took me a while to figure that
    one out... like about a week... LOL looking back!!!!

    LAN", normally in
    >Power Options.
    >Disable it.
    >
    >Otherwise:
    >http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    >
    >--
    >Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    >An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/s

    etup.asp

    McBlazer, Jul 3, 2003
  5. Melissa

    DOROGOTO

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2010
    Likes Received:
    0
    Repair your computer

    I had the same problem and I fixed it. Read here the article that helped me.

    DOROGOTO, Aug 30, 2010
  6. Melissa

    akehisone

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2011
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, thanks for the hint (uncheck the Automatically Restart option). My laptop did not restarting itself after shutdown, but.....I have new problems now.

    When I shutdown

    1. It goes "Save Setting", and then just goes blank black screen. There's no error message, just blank black screen. So, I had to press the power button to completely shuts down.

    2. Then I try to turn it on again coz I want to try the Restart operation. Once it's turned on, it won't restart, instead it goes to the same blank black screen .

    Have any clue? I'm using Windows XP SP3. Thanks a million..

    akehisone, Jan 21, 2011