Computer for sale - anyone interested?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's interesting. Well spotted, there are a lot of crooks out there.

Read This. I wonder if it's the same people?

Even if it isn't, the story is absolutely hilarious :D

Reaction score
Floppy - that was the BEST WEB PAGE I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME!!!!!

i especially love the pictures! and oh my god those people were genius!!!!!

If i ever have a crook come to me and its obvious i may have to do something funny like that... i did have an email from supposedly an english guy in Nigeria wanting to buy my PC for his shop...

OLAMOTHERMI ELECTRONIC STORE INC. 6,MARKET STREET ,SHOMOLU LAGOS ,NIGERIA 23401 HELLO. AM FROM U.K . BUT I WANT THIS ORDER TO GO MY STORE IN NIGERIA ,AM WRITTING TO REQUEST FOR WHAT YOU ARE SALES AND THE FULL INFO ABOUT IT .SO ,WE WOULD BE EXPECTING YOUR PRICE QUOTATION INCLUDING THE SHIPPING CHARGES TO OUT STORE THROUGH UPS AIR FRIEGTH OR ANT INTERNATIONAL ACCEPT COURIER SERVICE TO NIGERIA .I WILL LIKE TO PAY YOU WITH U.K CASHIER CHECK. WE ARE START THIS COMPANY FROM 1982 ,WE BUY USED AND NEW GOODS FROM OWNER FORSALE AND SOME COMPANY , AND AGAIN WE ALWAYS GIVING OUR CUSTOMER TIME TO TAKE THE CHEQUE TO BANK FOR A WEEK OR TWO WEEK . SO THAT THEY CAN BELIEVE US .WELL THE CHEQUE CLEAR , THEY CAN START PROCCESING THE SHIPPING TO NIGERIA .I WILL LIKE TO HEAR GOOD FROM YOU ASAP . THANKS YOUR REGARD MANAGER JOHN FERNARDEEZ

i'm not quite sure what to make of that one - i know it would probably cost more to send my PC to Nigeria than it would to buy one new!

Why is it that scammers claiming to be English can not spell for jack! Are they stoned? Drunk? arab?

chris

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good story eh? :D

Why is it that scammers claiming to be English can not spell for jack! Are they stoned? Drunk? arab?

I think the idea is to convince you they're really from that country, when in reality, they're probably in a two-up two-down in Neasden.

Reaction score
haha - maybe if they try to convince people they are from england they should perhaps learn how to type better than a drunken 2 year old using crack...not that ive ever seen or heard of such things.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I misunderstood that, didn't I?

"Claiming to come from England"

Oh. Oops. Missed that. Oh well, just goes to show what complete numbskulls & pillocks they are :D

Reaction score
yep you got that right.

still cant get over that webpage you sent - oh my god i bet the scammer was so annoyed! the whole intercontinental spying thing as well - how awesome!

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this post up again but i did forget to say that if anyone is interested i would be willing to strike a deal with this PC having "Dual SATA 80Gb 7200rpm 8mb cache" hard drives in a raid array instead of the one.

regards

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi

The price might be a touch high but I can see you want some reward for your hard effort. I hope you find a buyer soon.

Gabriella x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Can I just say that I am not some dodgy dealer. I have just read the thread back from the beginning. Like I said b4 I would have been up for it if I hadn't had some peculiar goings on with Microland and then went out and bought another cos I was desperate and couldn't wait.

Let us know if you sell it, and like some of the other friends have said, check very carefully who the alleged buyer is.

Good luck

Gabriella xx

Ask a Question