clearing history and recent documents

Just recently I've come across this problem of clearing my Internet history and recent documents.Under Internet properties- clear history ,it takes a long time to complete,the same with clearing the documents when using taskbar and start up properties.I am using Windows XP and Internet Explorer6.0

Burt

Al,
Are you dumping your TIF files regularly... Also cleaning out uneeded
Cookies?

Burt

Just recently I've come across this problem of clearing my Internet history and recent documents.Under Internet properties- clear history ,it takes a long time to complete,the same with clearing the documents when using taskbar and start up properties.I am using Windows XP and Internet Explorer6.0

Hi Burt
Yes. I always clear out my TIF
Should I re-load my Internet Explorer program
-Al

DVarnau

Al,
This won't affect the Recent Documents issue, but delete your History
folder. A new one will be created on restart.
This might help with the "slow clear history" issue.

See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org