Changing/Renaming Program Files folder

BobLondonKy

Hi,

I am new to XP. I would like to change the Program Files folder to all
capital letters, but am unable to find a way to do this. Is there a work
around of some sorts. When I right click the folder there is no rename
there. When I click then click again on the word Program Files the
computer just beeps. Why is this doing this. I just want to have capital
letters. Easier for me to see.

Thanks for any help.

Bob,
London, Kentucky

Renaming the system folders like Program Files is not recommended as it can
corrupt all the programs installed on your system.

This is not in your case that you want to rename them only in Capital
Letters. This is because someone can rename it some another name which can
corrupt all the programs without any notification. Like in Windows 98, you
can rename them but the next time you will restart your PC you will get only
"errors and errors and erros" because of Windows registry.

Changing the System Folder is not recommanded and not supportted in Windows
XP by any way either it is Program Files, Document & Settings or Windows
folder. This is because it can corrupt or cause the windows unstable. If you
will do so using some tricks then you will get only "errors". This was not
supported in older versions and many users corrupt their windows just because
of renaming these system folders.

NoNoBadDog!

BobLondonKy said:
Hi,

I am new to XP. I would like to change the Program Files folder to all
capital letters, but am unable to find a way to do this. Is there a work
around of some sorts. When I right click the folder there is no rename
there. When I click then click again on the word Program Files the
computer just beeps. Why is this doing this. I just want to have capital
letters. Easier for me to see.

Thanks for any help.

Bob,
London, Kentucky

No, this cannot be done. Would you please be so kind to let us know *why*
you want to do this?

Bobby

BobLondonKy

No, this cannot be done. Would you please be so kind to let us know
*why* you want to do this?

Bobby

Thanks for all replies,

I would like to change the font to bold, and all capital letters as this
would make if Easier for me to see. Poor eyesight on my part. Program
Files folder is the only one that I haven't been able to change. I don't
want to change the name. Just make it easier for me to see.

Thank you

Bob,
London, Kentucky

Gene K

You might try some of these programs which allow you to change folder colors
and icons. As others have advised, do not try to change system folders names
in any fashion.
1. IColorFolder
http://icolorfolder.sourceforge.net/download_icolorfolder_page.htm
2. Rainbow Folder http://www.rainbowfolders.k7.pl/
There other similiar programs, look around via Google.

--
Gene K
From: "BobLondonKy" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Changing/Renaming Program Files folder
Date: Monday, April 24, 2006 8:41 AM

[...]

Thank you for your reply. I have tried rainbowfolders. Changed the color
of the folders, but not the name.

I am not trying to change the name of the folder Program Files. Just the
way it looks. I'd like to use a different font (darker), and change the
spelling to all capitals. The folder would still be PROGRAM FILES.

Thank you for your reply.

Bob,
London, Kentucky

Arfur via WindowsKB.com

Hi

I don't know how you have your desktop set up but you could create a shortcut

Gordon

BobLondonKy said:
I would like to change the font to bold, and all capital letters as
this would make if Easier for me to see. Poor eyesight on my part.
Program Files folder is the only one that I haven't been able to
change. I don't want to change the name. Just make it easier for me
to see.

And why do you need to see the Program Files folder?

Stan Brown

I can't see to[o] good.

Thanks for asking. Hope that helps.

Of course you know your own vision best, but most people find it
easier to read Mixed Case than ALL CAPS.

Just a suggestion -- you might experiment with changing the point
size. Or if this is an issue with program Files only, why not just
create a shortcut on your desktop and nane it anytrhing you like?