Catalyst 4.12 Out Now

Kye

Reaction score
ATI give the impression that there high end cards will never, ever come down in price. I have a vanilla 6800 nvidia.

But, i will buy a ATI card next. I never read anything about them, so apart from a few fundimental things too know, i dont know what most of there features do :D

:( its a shame nvidia cant release quality drivers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ATI are just as bad as NVIDIA

I’ve been luckier than most in that I have had to use both over a loooong period of time, and some other crap cards along the way.

In the days of old … one needed the correct drivers for a specific card. If that card had a ‘newer’ chip fitted from ‘A’ to new version ‘C’ then one HAD to use that particular driver … I can’t count how many internal Modems I’ve thrown away because I could not find the correct drivers.

Now I don’t know who, but, one bright spark had an idea to ‘collectively bundle’ ALL the divers for a particular chip-model in one File. They also gave/give the impression that ‘one file’ matches ‘all cards’ … crap … look closer … and I don’t care if its ATI or nVidia, they are both at it.

Originally, using nVidia as an example, if you had a gForce2 card then you needed the 20s series drivers. If you had a gForce3 then the 30s and a gF4 one would opt for the 40s … then the ‘bright spark of life’ came along and the rest, they say, is history.

Reefsmoka, no problems with the 66.93 & my lowly FX5600. :D

Ask a Question