..:: Catakyst 4.11 Out Now ::..

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Im so sorry guys :s.

Im just so excited, these Ati drivers dont come out that often :p.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Also, I noticed yesterday, for all you Windows 98 users, ATI now have a 4.10 version of Catalyst drivers, a jump from V4.3.

You can also download them from Guru 3D

Reaction score
i

k

n

o

w

!

Because with the new omegas, you can choose which tweak you want to apply, performance OR quality, the previous ones were purley quality. The new ones with performance are the same or better quality than the catalyst BUT faster :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
i
The new ones with performance are the same or better quality than the catalyst BUT faster :)
Not from what ive seen, i posted something about the omega drivers a while back, and out of the 3 main ati radeon drivers they come out at the bottom!

Reaction score
yeah, the performance option is new. Not on the one you tested i dont think

chris

ps. It's ******* cold out tonight

Reaction score
really chris?

its boiling up here, i'm sat in the garden! ;)

seruiously though, it has suddenly gone freezin since friday.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just installed the 4.11's, had a blast online with CoD, mooched around in Doom III, can't notice any difference, which probably means they work OK :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well these new 4.11 drivers seemed to add over 2000 points to my Aquamark3 score, before i was getting just over 41, 000 now i get well over 43, 000 :D. Probably not noticable in a game though :p. My 3DMark scores seem to be about the same, they raised abit, but only abit! (like 20 points :/).

They could be tweaked up abit ready for Half Life 2 comming out this tuesday ;).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Interesting. 2000 points added to my Aquamark bench as well. But the most startling thing was my average frame rate went from 31fps to 42fps.

Got to be good :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, thats a big difference. Installing now :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just out of curiostiy, did the Catalyst 4.3 drivers come out in January this year? If so, thats 9 driver updates in 11 months :blush:.

Reaction score
:D My Aquamark 3 score rose to from 40k to 44k and in all fairness these drivers seem nice and stable. I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this but after reading a couple of sources, it seems that these drivers address smaller issues and there is apparently a 4.12 beta currently being tested and scheduled for release.

It may seem bad that they're constanly updating their drivers but at least they're continuing to iron out the bugs and look after their users in my opinion.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
JonnySpam said:
:D My Aquamark 3 score rose to from 40k to 44k and in all fairness these drivers seem nice and stable. I'm wondering if anyone else can confirm this but after reading a couple of sources, it seems that these drivers address smaller issues and there is apparently a 4.12 beta currently being tested and scheduled for release.

It may seem bad that they're constanly updating their drivers but at least they're continuing to iron out the bugs and look after their users in my opinion.
I read about the Catalyst 4.12 betas aswell!

I think its a good thing they update though, as there constantly increasing performance and fixing bugs, and its all free!

Edit: You can download the 4.12 beta from here :D.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder what the difference is between a 9800pro using the catalyst driver matching it's release date and a 9800pro using the catalsyt driver 4.12BETA

Ask a Question