Captured video somewhat jerky on playback 8500DV

F

FTLOSM

I used the rca style jacks on my 8500DV AIW card to capture some old home videos from the vcr here, the video plays smooth and fine and in the settings for the capture I set it as DVD High 720x480 6.00mb per sec, 48,000 khz audio 16 bit stereo, the picture and sound are good on playback but occasionally it is jerky in playback.

I had started with dvd setting that was 8.00m bit per second (same in other settings) and had same problem so reduced to that current 6.00 m bit per second hoping it would fix that but still no real luck or difference.

The pc I am using is a home made amd 2.1 (not overclocked & runs fast and stable) with 1 gig of crucial 2700 ram, ati 8500DV AIW card, 120 gig western digital 7200rpm ( this hd is dedicated for storage, defragged and empty in NTFS format using win 2k ).

What I am trying to do is retain the quality of sound and video and use a progam I have here called DVDIT to put it onto a dvd-r, but before even getting it into dvdit when I view the mpg that is created it is jerky on playback and seems to be at random (not only in fast motion segments of the mpg).

I have nothing else running while this is capturing, and am just looking for some advice on what else I can try and or do to possibly get a smoother final video clip without loosing quality.

Been reading the troubleshooting info yet haven't come across anything that looks out of place or set wrong, and it appears I am above the minimum specs for capturing altho I understand the capturing I am trying to do is towards the TOP of the cards limits.

Bill

B

Bilar Crais

I used the rca style jacks on my 8500DV AIW card to capture some old home videos from the vcr here, the video plays smooth and fine and in the settings for the capture I set it as DVD High 720x480 6.00mb per sec, 48,000 khz audio 16 bit stereo, the picture and sound are good on playback but occasionally it is jerky in playback.

I had started with dvd setting that was 8.00m bit per second (same in other settings) and had same problem so reduced to that current 6.00 m bit per second hoping it would fix that but still no real luck or difference.

The pc I am using is a home made amd 2.1 (not overclocked & runs fast and stable) with 1 gig of crucial 2700 ram, ati 8500DV AIW card, 120 gig western digital 7200rpm ( this hd is dedicated for storage, defragged and empty in NTFS format using win 2k ).

What I am trying to do is retain the quality of sound and video and use a progam I have here called DVDIT to put it onto a dvd-r, but before even getting it into dvdit when I view the mpg that is created it is jerky on playback and seems to be at random (not only in fast motion segments of the mpg).

I have nothing else running while this is capturing, and am just looking for some advice on what else I can try and or do to possibly get a smoother final video clip without loosing quality.

Been reading the troubleshooting info yet haven't come across anything that looks out of place or set wrong, and it appears I am above the minimum specs for capturing altho I understand the capturing I am trying to do is towards the TOP of the cards limits.

Bill

If your capture profile is set to de-interlace, change it to interlace.
You might also try disabling the firewire dip switches on the video
card...it tends to hog AGP bandwidth.

G

Gordon Scott

FTLOSM said:
I used the rca style jacks on my 8500DV AIW card to capture some old
home videos from the vcr here, the video plays smooth and fine and in
the settings for the capture I set it as DVD High 720x480 6.00mb per
sec, 48,000 khz audio 16 bit stereo, the picture and sound are good on
playback but occasionally it is jerky in playback.

I had started with dvd setting that was 8.00m bit per second (same in
other settings) and had same problem so reduced to that current 6.00 m
bit per second hoping it would fix that but still no real luck or
difference.

The pc I am using is a home made amd 2.1 (not overclocked & runs fast
and stable) with 1 gig of crucial 2700 ram, ati 8500DV AIW card, 120
gig western digital 7200rpm ( this hd is dedicated for storage,
defragged and empty in NTFS format using win 2k ).

What I am trying to do is retain the quality of sound and video and use
a progam I have here called DVDIT to put it onto a dvd-r, but before
even getting it into dvdit when I view the mpg that is created it is
jerky on playback and seems to be at random (not only in fast motion
segments of the mpg).

I have nothing else running while this is capturing, and am just
looking for some advice on what else I can try and or do to possibly
get a smoother final video clip without loosing quality.

Been reading the troubleshooting info yet haven't come across anything
that looks out of place or set wrong, and it appears I am above the
minimum specs for capturing altho I understand the capturing I am
trying to do is towards the TOP of the cards limits.

Bill

are you using the ati dvd player?, you might try powerdvd etc, and see if
the results are different. what MB bios and drivers are you using?

Gordon

Ask a Question