Can't write to blank cd's anymore

G

I can’t write to blank cd’s anymore. Also, the drive ‘thrashes’ around for over 3 minites when I insert a blank cd. This has not happened before.

I bought my laptop with Windows XP Home edition service pack 1 installed.

It came bundled with the ‘Nero Burning ROM Suite’ of software installed. (Version 5.5.8.2 OEM).

I have, in the past, successfully used the software to create both music CD’s and to store general data files on different CD’s.

Now, when I try and write files to a blank CD, the CD writing wizard gives the message: “There is no disc in the drive..Please insert a writable CD into drive D:\â€. So, something has gone wrong somewhere. I have tried ejecting and replacing the CD but still the same message is given.

I am wondering whether something has been corrupted and whether I need to reinstall some driver. If so where and how could I get one?

Also, I understand that the CD write capability is a standard XP feature but I can’t find any other program on my computer for writing apart from the ‘Nero’.

Is it possible to revert back in some way to what would be the default XP capabiloity?

I would realy appreciate any advice any body could give me.

W

Widow Twankey

XP's native CD writing package is trash. Ignore it. Nero works fine. It
could be that you have a duff set of CDs or it could be hardware failure.

--
Yours

Widow Twankey

Now 10% Twankier than ever

K

Kent_Diego

I can't write to blank cd's anymore. Also, the drive 'thrashes' around for
over 3 minites when I insert a blank cd. This has not happened before.
Modern hardware does not seem to last very long. I just had to replace a CDR
recently but the new 52x burner works great.

Ask a Question