Can't play back Movie Maker CD

Hi Wojo,
Darcy again I'm afraid!..As said,fantastiv to get CD Movie to Media Player.
My first download\of Codecs was to my laptop..all OK. I then did the same
with the realPC:Dell DXP051 Intel (r) ETC.Trouble is THE Codecs download made
no difference here.Still same ghastly green,way out colouring. Any advice
would be gratefully accepted.

ATB Darcy

Wojo

Hey Darcy
Then try the other codec solving part off my site.
Disable the codecs/filters and re-render the movie again.
-Wojo

Wojo,
Downloaded Codec pack to this computer and saved in a Document File.It does
not seem to have affected Media Player in any way.Why might this be?

Went to your site could not find codec solving part. If I had I doubt if I
would understand it!
Being non computerate neither do I understand how I "disable codecs?filter.
Could you please advise?

Hi Wojo,

Happy to say "disregard last mail". Thanks to your website I have solved the
(present)problems with both PC',Media Player and CD's
Many thanks for your help.,

I am a true novice and Silver Surfer. I have just had a go at making a movie
with Windows Movie Maker getting the job done was not too hard getting film
from my video camera then doing the fun stuff (it was first attempt and
pretty awful but fun to experiment with MM) but like Sheryl the cd would only
play on my computer. Wanting to give a copy to our daughters I was
diappointed. I had read about a Ulead programme and Pro Show Gold and
wondered do these programmes use all formats that can be burned on a CD/DVD
then be played on a DVD player? Or can the Movie Maker format be converted to
accommodate the task? I honestly haven't a clue and am just bumbling along.

Wojo

I'd never heard of "Pro Show and Gold" so I looked it up. Yes you can use
the program to make slideshow DVD's but all the work you already did with
Movie Maker will have been a waste of time since you would have to create a
whole new slideshow with S&G. As far as Ulead if you are referring to "Ulead
Movie Factory" then yes this program will take the video you created with
Movie Maker and create a DVD for you. There is a tutorial on my website for
this program in the "DVD Creation" section as well as information about some
other programs that can also be used to create DVD's. I also recommend
reading some of my tutorials in the "Movie Maker" section as they will put
you in the right direction for saving your projects correctly in Movie
Maker.
--
-Wojo

Wojo's Web: www.wojos-web.co.nr
Also please visit:
www.remember-christopher.dostweb.com/christopher

Cheers and many thanks for your time and patience.

Wojo said:
[...]

Thanks Wojo
I am off to your web site it sounds just the thing. Dottie

I am having problems playing my movie as well. Can I burn another copy of
the movie onto a CD-R and then copy it again using Real Player. And how do I
change the file type? Or what FREE programs do you recomend that I download
to be able to play this on my DVD player. I made a video of a poker run that
was put on in my daughters name for a new bed and would like the MC's to be
able to see how much I appreciated their help.

Graham Hughes

To make a dvd you need some third party software to do the encoding and
authoring.

Save your movie in Movie Maker as a dv-avi
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/MovieMaker/HowToSaveDV-AVI.htm
Import this into your dvd software and make your dvd.

Software like nero/roxio do this, which you may have. When you bought your
dvd burner or pc, it should have come with something to do this.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Desperatly needing help-melissa" <Desperatly needing

I have made a number of slide shows with pictures and music. It will not
play on any DVD player. Why? It plays on any computer using the media
player, but not with a DVD player. It won't read. I am using jpegs and
mp3s.
Thanks if you can help!

John Inzer

xenobutterfly said:
I have made a number of slide shows with pictures and music. It
will not play on any DVD player. Why? It plays on any computer
using the media player, but not with a DVD player. It won't read.
I am using jpegs and mp3s.
Thanks if you can help!
==================================
Are you creating Data DVDs or Video DVDs?
What DVD authoring software are you using?

Maybe these links will get you started:

Turn your Movie Maker 2
video into a DVD
http://tinyurl.com/4k97d