Can't open Internet Options in IE6

Xplorer

I suddenly can no longer open Internet Options under the Tools menu of IE6.
I get the following red x message:

Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

I am logged in as the administrator. I still can access the Internet Options
through control panel.

Frankie

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

Xplorer said:
I suddenly can no longer open Internet Options under the Tools menu of IE6.
I get the following red x message:

Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Hi

See http://www.dougknox.com/, Win XP Fixes, Fix Internet Options Restrictions

Your IE is most likely hijacked...

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

The Parasite Fight
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

And from a previous post by Ramesh:

From: Ramesh ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Tools / Internet Options restricted
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser
Date: 2003-09-12 19:50:40 PST

<quote>
Hi,

Remove IE Restrictions & Restore Missing tabs
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/sramesh2k/reg/IE_reset_restrictions.reg

The problem is due to:

1. A spyware. Download Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com, scan the system
and eliminate the malware products. Re-apply the above fix if necessary.
** Remember to update the pattern file using WebUpdate in Ad-Aware **

2. You have enabled SpyBot immunize (protection) feature or any other
similar software

</quote>