Cannot send email

CriticalT

I'm on Vista, just installed satelite dish for broadband, and now I cannot
send emails to certain addresses, 2 examples I have ending in '.com'

Error: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not
be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this

passingthru

CriticalT said:
I'm on Vista, just installed satelite dish for broadband, and now I cannot
send emails to certain addresses, 2 examples I have ending in '.com'

Error: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not
be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this

Gary VanderMolen

You left off the most critical part pf the complete error message, the
part that includes the server name, port number, protocol, SSL option, etc.
Please post the complete error message so we can help you better.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"CriticalT" wrote in message
I'm on Vista, just installed satelite dish for broadband, and now I cannot
send emails to certain addresses, 2 examples I have ending in '.com'

Error: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not
be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this

CriticalT

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject
'Souvenir jersey', Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 Relaying denied to domain
theseankellytour.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

Gary VanderMolen

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

"CriticalT" wrote in message

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject
'Souvenir jersey', Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 Relaying denied to domain
theseankellytour.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

Gary VanderMolen

If no improvement, was your Internet connection via eircom.net when you
got that error message? If not, read the note on your provider's web page:
http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-...j(6736)&DCSext.clickedFrom=bb;home;topqueries
"If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your
internet provider's own SMTP server OR use webmail."
This is a limitation imposed by your ISP.

"CriticalT" wrote in message

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject
'Souvenir jersey', Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.1 Relaying denied to domain
theseankellytour.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

CriticalT

My connection is via eircom.net.
To note that some emails DO send. If I have a few messages to send, some
will go and some will not. The 2 examples I have that doesn't send is .com.
Does this matter?
Anyway, I tried my outgoing address with 1. mail1.eircom.net, 2.
webmail.eircom.net and neither works. 'Authentication' is ticked, and under
Settings I tried 1. Use same settings as incoming, and 2. Log on using: my
email username and password, and 3. I tired with ticked and unticked Secure
Password Authentication.
Please help

"CriticalT" wrote in message
I'm on Vista, just installed satelite dish for broadband, and now I cannot
send emails to certain addresses, 2 examples I have ending in '.com'

Error: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not
be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this

.
.

Gary VanderMolen

We have taken this as far as we can via this venue.
You need to resolve this with eircom.net tech support:
http://support.eircom.net