CANNOT SEND EMAILS

Ana

HI, I CANNOT SEND EMAILS. PLEASE HELP. THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE:

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp.microsoft.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Why are you using the server smtp.microsoft.com? Only Microsoft
employees are authorized to use it.

Who provides your mail service? If you are not sure, tell us the part of
your email address after the @ symbol.

I see you posted from a comcast.net connection. Is that the mail account
you want to set up in Windows Mail?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Ana" wrote in message
HI, I CANNOT SEND EMAILS. PLEASE HELP. THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE:

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'test',
Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp.microsoft.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Ana

The truth is I haven't used this email account for a long time, so I'm
confused about the servers, etc.
I have Internet connection through Comcast.

Bruce Hagen

How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live
Mail for Comcast email?
http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Ana" wrote in message
HI, I CANNOT SEND EMAILS. PLEASE HELP. THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE:

problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read
the
"I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help
determining
the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service
provider.

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject
'test',
Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'smtp.microsoft.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
Yes,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Well, you haven't really answered my question.
What do you mean by "this email account"?
Do you have an existing email address you want to continue using,
or are you attempting to acquire a new email address?
We can help either way, but you must let us know exactly what you want.

If you want to set up your comcast.net email account in Windows Mail,
follow these instructions:
http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/F...uring-or-setting-up-Outlook-Express-for-email
Although those instructions were written for Outlook Express,
Windows Mail uses the same settings.