Windows Vista Can Microsoft's Vista inspire consumers?

Reaction score
Microsoft has launched the latest version of its Windows operating system, called Vista. But can it inspire consumers?

Microsoft founder Bill Gates is passionate about Vista: "For the technology industry, it's a huge milestone."

More at Vista Launch

Last edited:
Reaction score
the Strategy behind Vista

Hello Feckit, nice topic!
I really think microsoft has done something very strategic for themselves. Windows vista is going to push the PC distributers like HP/Compaq Dell/Alienware and Gateway to push the hardware of their machines even further. Although there is probably going to be a high learning curve for some people, and grumblings about system requirements, I think in the next three months many consumers and businesses will be switching to vista. Everyone wants their system to be faster and more secure so that is why I think they will make the switch. With features like support for Solid state/Magnetic disk Hard drive Hybrids allowing the bootup and program loading times to be cut in half and future totally Solid State Hard Drives with no moving parts, low tempurature and low power usage starting to make their way into the laptop market in the next half decade (allowing for near instant on pc's). The switch to vista is almost inevitable.

Reaction score
At least I expect......

If I am paying English UK prices rather than English US then I expect
Favorite Links to be spelt Favourite Links

Reaction score
Price Difference

No you find that the $ price and the £ price are just about the same numerically but at the moment we are almost 2$ to 1£ so it costs us in the UK almost double I am afraid.

Ask a Question