Windows Vista Microsoft may be set to release Vista to manufacturers next week

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
By (e-mail address removed)

Seattle Times technology reporter

Microsoft could be ready to release Windows Vista to manufacturing as early as next week, a milestone that would signify the end of a protracted development process.

It could also set the company on a course to launch the operating system at the huge International Consumer Electronics Show, where Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to deliver the opening keynote Jan. 7.

"9 Days Until Vista RTM!!!" read a scrolling electronic reader board in a building on Microsoft's Redmond campus Monday. If the countdown is correct, it would mean Microsoft plans to release Vista to manufacturing (RTM) on Oct. 25, earlier than analysts expected.
Hmmm ... clap! clap?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003308039_webvista16.html

Wonder how many "uptates" we will have to download ... when we get it in the streets. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Watch out for the high turnover of New Linux Users;)
No, I don't think so ... I would love to be proved wrong and we may see an influx in users to 'try' Linux, but, ... naw.

MS will insure, via incentives, that 99.9% of new PCs will be bundled with Vista ... manufacturers are already on 'the bandwagon' touting Vista ready this-n-that ... you may even be allowed to buy XP instead. yeah right. :rolleyes:

A lot of us enthusiasists who got the chance to try-out Vista have been quite surprised ... it is not what MS had hoped, some of the new technologies have not been implimented and some have even been pulled. But there is enough to make it 'different' from XP and I'm not just talking AeroGlass.

The reason Linux will not "win-over" users is quite simple ... Games!

That, is not the fault of Linux.

user.gif

Ask a Question