C:\WINNT\TEMP\WIN477~1.EXE error?????

HELP!!!

there is this black window thats pops up with the following message "
C:\WINNT\TEMP\WIN477~1.EXE " and another window with the following message "
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\WINNT\TEMP\WIN477~1.EXE, the NTVDM CPU has
encounter and illegal instruction. CS:0534 IP:ffeb OP:ff ee ff 00 00 CHoose
'Close' to terminate the application. or 'ignore' option.

i click 'Close' it closed but randomly the error window keeps popping up
again an again and again...im using Windows 2000, Serivce Pack 4. i used
Trend Mirco anti-virus to scan for viruses but none dectected. the error
window just keep popping up. :(

What seems to be wrong here? i hope some good samaritans can help me out here.
sorry to be such a PC idiot but i hope my problem can be solve.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

"
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. C:\WINNT\TEMP\WIN477~1.EXE, the NTVDM CPU has
encounter and illegal instruction. CS:0534 IP:ffeb OP:ff ee ff 00 00
CHoose
'Close' to terminate the application. or 'ignore' option.

i click 'Close' it closed but randomly the error window keeps popping up
again an again and again...im using Windows 2000, Serivce Pack 4. i used
Trend Mirco anti-virus to scan for viruses but none dectected. the error
window just keep popping up. :(

What seems to be wrong here? i hope some good samaritans can help me out
here.
sorry to be such a PC idiot but i hope my problem can be solve.

This sounds very much like a virus or malware. Reboot in Safe
Mode, then delete everything in the WinNT\Temp folder.

Quaestor

Pegasus said:
"Desperate NEED HELP pls" <[email protected]>
wrote in message

This sounds very much like a virus or malware. Reboot in Safe
Mode, then delete everything in the WinNT\Temp folder.

Not all anti-virus scanners catch everything. I recommend also using
AVAST! and Kasparsky to scan, and if anything is found that they cannot
remove, look to symantec and mcaffee for removal tools. If all else
fails, format and reinstall the operating system.

Also, get the critical security updates from ms, run a hardware
firewall, turn off all java, java script, activex, flash, etc, etc, etc,
NEVER use IE or any MS mail or news client, and daily curse the name of
billgates [curses cencored].

Newbie Coder

Quaestor,

I am sure that its running on startup plus, the process is running when you try
to delete it

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to bring up Task Manager
Processes tab
End the process

Now delete the file from the TEMP folder

Next:

Click START | PROGRAMS | STARTUP
Is there a link to the file there? If so, delete it

Next:

START | RUN | Type 'regedit' (without quotes) & press ENTER
Naviage to:

and

Highlight the RUN key in the left pane. Is there a shortcut to the that file in
the TEMP folder? If so, right-click the entry in the right pane & delete it

Close the registry editor & reboot when ready

--
Newbie Coder
(It's just a name)

wrote in message

This sounds very much like a virus or malware. Reboot in Safe
Mode, then delete everything in the WinNT\Temp folder.

Not all anti-virus scanners catch everything. I recommend also using
AVAST! and Kasparsky to scan, and if anything is found that they cannot
remove, look to symantec and mcaffee for removal tools. If all else
fails, format and reinstall the operating system.

Also, get the critical security updates from ms, run a hardware
firewall, turn off all java, java script, activex, flash, etc, etc, etc,
NEVER use IE or any MS mail or news client, and daily curse the name of
billgates [curses cencored].

--
Those who try to hide behind Godwin are the real net-nazis.
Philosophy: Joking about why we cuss so much.