Busted my processer

Reaction score
So i get my machine fired up and nothing comes on no beeps or anything just the front lights so processer is wrecked? (correct me nicely if im wrong)

So i look and a few of the pins are bent, can i just bend them back in place? or am i totally fooked :mad:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
powerz said:
So i get my machine fired up and nothing comes on no beeps or anything just the front lights so processer is wrecked? (correct me nicely if im wrong)

So i look and a few of the pins are bent, can i just bend them back in place? or am i totally fooked :mad:
Yes, you can bend them back ... very carefully ... brake any, and that is a nice key-fob you have.

If the CPU was "fitted" to the MB with the pins already bent, you may find the CPU has suffered damage to its circuits.

;)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Well i happened to know a little trick. If you have a 0.5mm lead pencil, the tip of it should happen to be the same size as the cpu pin. just use it to bend it in the right direction, but be careful its bes to under bend than overbend and break the pin. Good luck

Ask a Question