BST reminder

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Only devices I have that tell time are phone, iPad, PC, laptop. They do it automatically, so no worry.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Only devices I have that tell time are phone, iPad, PC, laptop. They do it automatically, so no worry.

even my camera does this ... I already changed the wall clock & my wrist watch. :)

Reaction score
When this was originally done it was because of the farm workers etc but now changing the clocks is redundant so why do we still have to do it, just leave the time to GMT and stop fiddling about with the time, Bahh HUMBUG:mad::wall::eek:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Two or three days afterwards I always find another clock that I've missed. :wall:

muckshifter

Reaction score
looks like WCG forgot to movie its clock, it's having a lay in ... :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I actually had to change eight clocks. Have a clock in each room, including the karzi, plus the mirowave and my iPod clock radio bedside thingie. Only my computers and iPhone 4 changed time automatically.

And so much for springtime eh? The weather's been poxy ever since Sunday :(

Perhaps the climate will improve for tomorrow, that foolish day.

muckshifter

Reaction score
It's chocolate weekend starting Friday, everything will be great. :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Have a clock in each room, including the karzi,
Snap! We're the same - including having one in the bathroom. It's surprising how that will sometimes draw comments from folk who wonder why we should need one in there. Well why not?

We have gradually replaced some of the clocks with those radio-controlled jobbies, so not so many to manually alter when they need to go forward/back. ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Never had the need for one in the smallest room.

Usually know what the time is when I go in and have a good idea what time it is when I come out - usually about two minutes later. :D No reading in there. :D

Just noticed, the radio controlled clock in the bedroom is WRONG ! Unless every other clock and watch in the house is wrong. I'll have to reset it and hope that it is not kaput.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Never had the need for one in the smallest room.

Usually know what the time is when I go in and have a good idea what time it is when I come out - usually about two minutes later. :D No reading in there. :D
Well we don't use it as a reading-room either, lol, but these days, it can be jolly useful to have a wall clock in the vicinity, just because it's easier to read (when showering without one's glasses, for example.) :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
... note to self: get a clock for the karzy ((Brit A lavatory. 1961–. [Alteration of Italian casa house.])) and get in with the wayout crowd. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Little did I suspect that a thread about adjusting one's timepieces would mutate into discussing the habits an individual practices when having a strides-down and a preference or no for a clock in the ablutions room.

As it happens the only reason I put a clock up in the bathroom is cos it was spare after I bought a new one for the living room (or lounge if you're posh) and I thought it was too nice to go to waste.

It does come in handy for glancing at if you're in the shower and running late but at my stage in life I rarely have to be on time for anything anymore, except maybe hospital appointments and I don't really give a monkeys about them anyway.

Out of interest my time telling device cannot be viewed when having a pony as it's placed directly above the WC, which might result in a craned neck and possible misdirection accidents down below if viewing was attempted.

And I thought everybody read whilst discharging their waste products. Seems an awful waste of time to me to sit there, no matter how long or how little the time taken, and waste that time so I peruse a journal each time I perform this most human of functions.

I think I've read on the loo ever since I was able to read, which would likely be between 4 and 5 years of age at a guess.

Here's a picture of my clock in the karzi, both solo and taken standing in the bath for a greater view. Fascinating eh? :)

clock-jpg.9169

clock-pix-jpg.9170

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 205
  • clock&pix.jpg
    clock&pix.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 178

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A very nice clock @Flopps, if I may say so.

It so happens that our clock was also going spare (quite a few years ago) when it was received as a gift from a mail-order company. Like yourself, we didn't want to waste it, so into the loo it went.

As for wasting good reading time... :lol: in our house, time spent in our smallest room, is viewed, by our felines, as an opportunity. One is rarely able to enter without being accompanied by at least one of them - usually two and, occasionally three! (The fourth is a tad more selective about his choice of venue for hob-nobbing.)

Ablutions seem to fall into the spectator-sport category for our furry house-mates... Cats obviously imagine the loo to be some kind of special chair, where humans sit in idleness, making it the ideal venue to seek a bit of a fuss, to assist them in whiling away the time. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Crikey, TC, wouldn't want one of them jumping on my lap when in that situation. :eek::eek:

Reaction score
:thumb:It is a very nice clock too nice to be hidden away in the heads (navy slang for Karzi) also I liked the art work on the wall. Rather like TC our dogs find the toilet and bathroom interesting and consider that we do strange things in there. As for reading in the heads I just want to get in and get out asap but she who must be obeyed does tend to take a book in with her whether she is bathing or performing other rituals especially now that we have a central heating radiator installed.:cheers:

Ask a Question