BST and stormy prospects

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
First the good news... we get an extra hour's sleep, as BST ends tonight and clocks are set back an hour.

The not so good news... it looks as if the UK is going to get battered by some "hurricane strength" storms. I'm sure many of you have already seen the headlines and warnings, but for anyone who has been in hibernation, or has simply had better things to do, here's a couple of linkies: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24674537 and: Metro

Take care folks. :cheers:

Reaction score
We get an extra hour in bed & then get hit my the strongest storm in 25 years.
Keep safe people.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Lol, yes and our cats don't appreciate tardiness when they want breakfast!! :lol:

LOL as for the cat. 7:30am on the dot he is on the kitchen counter demanding food, Then he goes back to sleep, then at 12:30 he goes for a little walk outside for about 15 minutes then comes back in and goes to sleep until 5:30pm when he again is on the counter demanding food. You can almost set your watch by him.

Reaction score
Got my sisters dog & our cat in house at the moment.
Cant decide which one sleeps the most, but both will be up early tomorrow!
Seems like others the extra hour will be lost with a walk in the local park for dog.
Cant let them mix as the cat would kill the dog!!!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm late in making me evening meal ... so I put the clock back now ... back on schedule. :)

oh, I be mostly playing games on Monday. ;)

( I just have to remember not to put them back later this evening )

Reaction score
What a nightmare, Watches, Mobile phones should auto update and so should computers\servers, however clocks, cooker, car and other stuff. By time i've finished I'll have to put em all forward again ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Every time I think I've got all the clocks changed I find another one that's wrong.

This often goes on for several days. :blush:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Got a couple of atomic signal clocks and my watch is a wave-Ceptor too so don't have to worry too much about changing them every year, mind you theres always one somewhere that needs changing..:nod:

Reaction score
the wind is picking up a bit already, once the storm hits land it's going to get worse!
next 36 hrs is going to be very interesting!!
stay safe people!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
We have a couple of atomic clocks too - they help a lot, but there are still four others which need to be manually changed.

The one that always flummoxes us the most, is the car clock! Can never remember how to change that, so for a few weeks, we get into a panic thinking we're late/early, depending upon the season! Sometimes this is reinforced by forgetting to change one of my watches! :lol:

As for the anticipated storm.... lots of rain during the night. It was sunny when we got up, but then it really poured again, with a very strong, gusty wind... but now it's sunshiny again, but gusty. Hey-ho.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
ay7cwi.jpg

Reaction score
Wish i had kept my chainsaws!:blush:
Made a few quid back in 87!!!
May have a late start tomorrow as the dangerous time in 0300 to 0800 in Surrey/Sussex.

Whatever your doing tomorrow people stay safe.

Note: First tree or roof tiles falling and i'm staying at home!