Timely reminder

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the clocks go back tonight... extra hour's sleep yay! :p ... But also a week or two of waking too early, feeling hungry too early, getting sleepy too early.... doh! I didn't notice the difference when I was younger :lol:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
I didn't notice the difference when I was younger
laughingsmiley.gif

Except when you were younger, you were probably up very late, always woke up very late an probably never ate..Life of a youngster...:p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You could have a point there Madx :lol:

By the way - do they mess with the hour in S. Africa? Just started wondering, as you do,,, :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
You could have a point there Madx
laughingsmiley.gif

By the way - do they mess with the hour in S. Africa? Just started wondering, as you do,,, :rolleyes:

Yeah we have it there aswell. Except in one pllace called Plettenberg Bay. They said b*llox to the farmers...LOL

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Madx :thumb: I suppose it wouldn't even be so bad, if things could be "standardised" around the world (meaning that the hours changed on the same date.) Some American friends mentioned that they don't have to change over until a week after us, so that must cause a bit of confusion. :nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yep, that time of the year again. :mad:

Incidently, this date (25th) for changing clocks is the very earliest it can occur (last Sunday in October). It's going to be a long winter. :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Bugger. It's wintertime :(
... and they been putting up some sort of decorations in the streets too.

:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have often wondered why the whole country's population had to suffer disruption just so some farmers can shift their timing by one hour to spread slurry or something.

I mean, what difference does it make?

Instead of starting work at 6am, start at 5am - what's the big deal? Time is all relevant anyway.

Postmen, milkmen and lots of other workers manage it ok.

And farmers wonder why they have little sympathy.....

Reaction score
There is speculation that next time it is debated in Parliament,the question of the time going back and forwards,it will be passed so that we will be in step with the rest of Europe. It would appear that only one per cent of the population wants` to keep changing the clocks back and forth. And that 1pc was up in Scotland! But now that Scotland has devolution it can go on it`s own,do what it likes,get on with it. So lets hope that it will soon be over.

historian :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Historian,

As far as I know most, if not all, of Europe changes the clocks twice a year as we do here. So changing to European Time will not stop us moving back and forth in Spring and Autumn. If we do adopt European Time we will simply find that it is lighter for longer in the evenings and darker for longer in the mornings. And that will be all year round.

:wave:

Reaction score
It's the same in most of Europe, but also all round the world. I'm in Australia and we put our clocks forward a couple of weeks ago. They will be going back in March.

I like the clocks changing, makes it lighter in the evenings which is good for enjoying the summer nights. But then again, I am Scottish, so maybe I'm that 1 per cent that is ruining everyone's life!!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for that reminder Ian, I hadn't noticed that forum time was still an hour ahead :blush: Corrected it now though :thumb:

Ask a Question