BSOD STOP 0x000000F4

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Guest, Oct 10, 2004.

    After installing SP2, I have received quite a few BSODs. I get them about 1
    to 5 times or more a day. I have no idea what is causing them. I NEVER had
    one the entire time I have had XP on this machine, which has been a few years
    now. Since SP2, I get them all the time. I never changed any hardware. The
    only thing I noticed is the hard drive starts going wacky before it occurs,
    like it is locating from the first track to the last a few times, and
    sometimes it won't recognize the drive on the reboot after the failure. I
    then put in the XP boot disk and back out after the first disk boots. This
    seems to fix the boot problem for some reason.

    Not knowing what the problem was, I thought maybe the hard drive or MB
    circuitry was going bad, so I changed the motherboard/processor and repaired
    the XP installation. I then installed SP2 again. The problem went away for a
    couple days but now it is back again. I am not so sure now that the hard
    drive is the problem.

    Here is the latest BSOD information:

    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or
    been terminated.

    BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

    STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x81FF7708, 0x81FF787C, 0x805FA7A8)

    The BSOD is not always the same. Here is another I received:

    kernel_data_inpage_error

    STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC0384DD0, 0xC000000E, 0xE13741D8, 0x1368F880)

    Am I barking up the wrong tree that this could be a hard drive problem? It
    seems more like a software thing, but I am no good at decipering XP
    exceptions. Thanks for any help.

    Guest, Oct 10, 2004

    Ron Martell Guest

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._1a708a96-14bf-41c7-8881-cec536b95c57.xml.asp

    >The BSOD is not always the same. Here is another I received:
    >
    >kernel_data_inpage_error
    >
    >STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC0384DD0, 0xC000000E, 0xE13741D8, 0x1368F880)

    See MVP Jim Eshelman's STOP errors web page at
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm and click on the "7A: Kernel
    Data Inpage" link in the left side column.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Oct 11, 2004

    zamo_x Guest

    i have the same problem here.. after clean install of windows sp2.. i
    have a toshiba satellite pro m30 notebook.

    0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820deb10, 0x820dec84, 0x805fa7a8)
    0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820a5020, 0x820a5194, 0x805fa7a8)
    0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8202e470, 0x8202e5e4, 0x805fa7a8)
    0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x82026b60, 0x82026cd4, 0x805fa7a8)

    here is a list with error message which i have received so far

    zamo_x, Oct 11, 2004

    Ron Martell Guest

    (zamo_x) wrote:

    >i have the same problem here.. after clean install of windows sp2.. i
    >have a toshiba satellite pro m30 notebook.
    >
    >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820deb10, 0x820dec84, 0x805fa7a8)
    >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x820a5020, 0x820a5194, 0x805fa7a8)
    >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8202e470, 0x8202e5e4, 0x805fa7a8)
    >0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x82026b60, 0x82026cd4, 0x805fa7a8)

    A STOP 0x000000f4 error is a CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. This
    indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has
    unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

    I would suspect some sort of virus, trojan, or advertising spyware
    infestation is behind this.

    Make certain that your antivirus software is fully up to date, with
    the virus definitions not more than a week old, and do a complete
    virus scan of your hard drive. Then get a "second opinion" by doing a
    free online virus scan at one of the following sites:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com

    Then check for and cleanup any advertising spyware on your machine by
    following Jim Eshelman's spyware Quick Fix procedure at
    http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm

    Ron Martell, Oct 12, 2004

    zamo_x Guest

    i have analyzed memory dump and here are more details:

    PROCESS_OBJECT: 8220d368
    IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe
    DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
    MODULE_NAME: csrss
    FAULTING_MODULE: 00000000
    CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
    DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
    BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4
    LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8062ca73 to 805339ae

    also i have done a virus scan and nothing was found...
    any ideeas?

    zamo_x, Oct 14, 2004

    Ron Martell Guest

    (zamo_x) wrote:

    >i have analyzed memory dump and here are more details:
    >
    >PROCESS_OBJECT: 8220d368
    >IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe
    >DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
    >MODULE_NAME: csrss
    >FAULTING_MODULE: 00000000
    >CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
    >DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
    >BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4
    >LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 8062ca73 to 805339ae
    >
    >also i have done a virus scan and nothing was found...
    >any ideeas?

    What about the spyware check? Was that also clean? Spyware is more
    invasive than viruses and is becoming more common. Antivirus programs
    offer little or no detection ability for most spyware. You need to
    run specialized spyware tools for this, and it normally requires more
    than one such tool to clean up an infected system.

    Your error information refers to MODULE_NAME: csrss

    CSRSS.EXE is a genuine Windows component. However it is one that also
    used by some spyware related items, such as keystroke logging programs
    and certain backdoor trojans. So this reference in the error message
    does reinforce the possibility that spyware may be the underlying
    culprit.

    Again, start with http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm and follow all
    of the suggested steps in sequence.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell, Oct 15, 2004

    danman567555

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2007
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a Old Toshiba Satellite P20 and I used to get a not f4 BSOD, I kept getting a0x0000008E which occured usually a few minutes afer I logged on. The hard disk also went wacky before it occurred. Sometimes I didn't get a bluescreen, the laptop just hanged itself completly with harddisk activity light frozen on but I couldn't hear any clicky noises from the harddisk. And worst of all it didn't have a reset button so I had to pull out the power cord and wait 5 hours till the battery ran out. I then got tired of this nonsense so I wiped the hardisk and that worked. Did you try bacing up your files and wipe harddisk?

    danman567555, Jun 24, 2007

    rhmitul

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i had this problem too.. but i solved this 0x000000f4 error problem by using (PC Health Advisor) its brings together high quality tools in one comprehensive program. This advanced software makes it easy to fix, clean and optimize your computer. PC Health Advisor gets things running right again by ejecting active malware, updating drivers, cleaning your Windows registry, defragmenting the disk, helping you update drivers, finding programs to open file extensions and getting rid of cached information that slows down your PC.

    rhmitul, Aug 29, 2011