Bottom Align Contents of a Fixed Height Text Box

np

I hope someone can help me with this alignment snag I've run into.

With growing or shrinking Text Boxes with VBA code, I would like for
my 4" fixed-height Text box show the user the bottom of a [Notes]
field, which is formatted to Memo in Access 2003.

As we scroll through accounts (think of a call center who has to log
hundreds of calls or of a client contact database which has a decades
worth of notes on a client), the latest entries are the most important
to look through at a glance. Currently, users have to select the fixed-
height Text box and hit F2 twice to jump to the bottom, hit Enter, and
begin a new note. All these key strokes are unnecessary if I could
just get the [Notes] text control box to default to a Bottom
alignment. This way, the vertical scroll bar would start at the
bottom, and if one needed to review an account's history (rarely
necessary), they could scroll up. Users could scroll through accounts
(every tables' primary key, so the form's Record # is a unique
account) and glance at recent activity.

Excel can bottom align, why can't Access? or can it? please help!
Thanks!!!

Neal

np

> I hope someone can help me with this alignment snag I've run into.

With growing or shrinking Text Boxes with VBA code, I would like for
my 4" fixed-height Text box show the user the bottom of a [Notes]
field, which is formatted to Memo in Access 2003.

As we scroll through accounts (think of a call center who has to log
hundreds of calls or of a client contact database which has a decades
worth of notes on a client), the latest entries are the most important
to look through at a glance. Currently, users have to select the fixed-
height Text box and hit F2 twice to jump to the bottom, hit Enter, and
begin a new note. All these key strokes are unnecessary if I could
just get the [Notes] text control box to default to a Bottom
alignment. This way, the vertical scroll bar would start at the
bottom, and if one needed to review an account's history (rarely
necessary), they could scroll up. Users could scroll through accounts
(every tables' primary key, so the form's Record # is a unique
account) and glance at recent activity.

Excel can bottom align, why can't Access? or can it? please help!
Thanks!!!

Neal

Sorry, I meant "WITHOUT growing or shrinking Text Boxes with VBA code"

Gina Whipp

Neal,

If the notes are a subform of the main form you could put this in the
On_Current
DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

--
Gina Whipp

II

http://www.regina-whipp.com/index.htm

wrote in message

Gina Whipp

Linq,

First, I did make a mistake, which I just noticed, that should have been
On_Open! Thanks for catching that.

As for the subform, it was a thought because of the way he said they get to
the notes partition that it MIGHT be a subform!