Boot on wrong drive

G

I have two drives in my system. I did a fresh install of XP-Home on the smaller drive and left Windows Me on the other drive. When I start my computer, it gives me a choice of either operating system. Today, I purchased a new larger drive to replace the drive that XP is installed on. I replaced the second drive with my new drive and wanted to use the Western Digital utility to transfer the data. The system would not boot from the orignal XP drive. I determined that although XP is on the smaller drive, the boot information is on the original larger drive. How can I get the smaller drive to boot so that I can transfer the data to my new drive

Thank you

T

Trent©

I have two drives in my system. I did a fresh install of XP-Home on the smaller drive and left Windows Me on the other drive. When I start my computer, it gives me a choice of either operating system. Today, I purchased a new larger drive to replace the drive that XP is installed on. I replaced the second drive with my new drive and wanted to use the Western Digital utility to transfer the data. The system would not boot from the orignal XP drive. I determined that although XP is on the smaller drive, the boot information is on the original larger drive. How can I get the smaller drive to boot so that I can transfer the data to my new drive?

Thank you

Attach all the drives...make one of them a slave on one of the
controllers temporarily.

Have a nice week...

Trent

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity!

Ask a Question