Bluetooth Support in SP2

jren57

Does SP2 have built-in support for Bluetooth devices, and will it be
necessary to un-install the Widcomm driver that came supplied with my Belkin
BT dongle before installing SP2?

I've haven't read much about Bluetooth support in SP2, so any help will be
appreciated.

thanks
jren57

Carey Frisch [MVP]

List of Bluetooth radio drivers that are included in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841803&Product=windowsxpsp2

How to install and configure Bluetooth devices in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883259&Product=windowsxpsp2

Bluetooth device cannot connect to your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| Does SP2 have built-in support for Bluetooth devices, and will it be
| necessary to un-install the Widcomm driver that came supplied with my Belkin
| BT dongle before installing SP2?
|
| I've haven't read much about Bluetooth support in SP2, so any help will be
| appreciated.
|
| thanks
| jren57

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Jren57,
Yes Windows XPSP2 will support Bluetooth. Installing the serive pack will
attempt to see if an existing Bluetooth Stack is already installed. If so
it will not be overwritten, so uninstalling the other Bluetooth Stack will
allow the Bluetooth stack to install while installing XPSP2
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

S.Sengupta

yes,XP SP2 supports blue tooth.There are plenty of articles.google is
your friend.
one such:-http://graemef.com/?q=blog/archive/2004/03/15/635.aspx
regards,
ssg MS-MVP
pronetworks.org

From: "jren57" <[email protected]>
Subject: Bluetooth Support in SP2
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:24:39 +0100
Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsupdate,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA03.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP0
8.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl