blue screen

Reaction score
Hi My name is Elaine, i got a blue screen on my computer unmountable_boot_volumn. How do i get pass the blue screen to reinstall windows xp?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Hello, try the following steps:
  1. Start your computer by inserting the Windows startup disks or the Windows installation disk if your computer can start from the CD drive.
  2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.
  3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
  4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do this.
    Note If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
  5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER. Note the space
  6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.
  7. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.
If this procedure does not work, repeat it, but type fixboot instead of chkdsk /r in step 5.

If you are still unable to resolve this issue let us know.

:user:

Ask a Question